Lescott take a bow

ElanJo said:
Neville Kneville said:
conormcfc said:
Never really had a bad word to say about Joleon but he was dreadful tonight. Fucking dreadful.

Clattered Messi after 2 minutes and was really lucky not to have gifted Messi another goal when he hit the post. His inability to pass the ball was the main reason for us not being able to build attacks from the back, Barca would press in a way that made sure Lescott would end up with the ball and he'd have nowhere to go but back to Hart.

I honestly think Garcia would've done a better job back there tonight. Messi would've breezed past him at will like he did Lescott but at least we would've been able to pass the ball out.

He passed the ball out forwards on many occasions & on the whole much better than Kolarov, who is supposed to be very good at it.

He gave the ball away in very dangerous positions as well. I punched my own face after one particular one in the 2nd half when he tried to pass it to Kolarov.
Honestly, choosing between Demichellis and Lescott in my mind is like choosing whether to have your bellend or your balls crushed

Next time you punch your face ..do it harder!

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
gmckennasell said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Can people now see why Demichelis starts more games?

No
I guess I'll have to explain.

Demichelis has his faults, but he can control a football, he can pass out from the back and he reads the game better than Lescott.

well let me explain , demichelis does not read the game better , he constanly dives in , commits himself on the half way line several times a game , gives penalties away , gets sent off , doesnt cover fellow defenders . No doubt he was a good defender TEN years ago , but he is past it , but if you think all is forgiven because he can control a football and pass , you have no idea of the basic attributes of a defender.

birchwoodgingerste said:
ElanJo said:
Neville Kneville said:
He passed the ball out forwards on many occasions & on the whole much better than Kolarov, who is supposed to be very good at it.

He gave the ball away in very dangerous positions as well. I punched my own face after one particular one in the 2nd half when he tried to pass it to Kolarov.
Honestly, choosing between Demichellis and Lescott in my mind is like choosing whether to have your bellend or your balls crushed

Next time you punch your face ..do it harder!

I am a hard man but I'm also a beautiful man. So no.

The underlying issue here is that we've really missed Nasty in both legs ... a much more complete player who is both tidy on the ball and generally an excellent defender suited to playing in Europe. While he is yet to excel under Pellegrini, I believe that is more due to limited opportunities and untimely injuries than anything else.
Joleon while having major limitations deserves some bloody respect though ! He can be proud of his efforts and his demeanour while he's been here and deserves to leave with a bit of love from the fans, (not to mention a clean sweep of domestic medals on his mantle), some of the abuse on this thread is completely uncalled for. I hope we can sing 'He's top of the league' one more time in May for the perfect send off.
Looking forward to next season when we'll have a proper beast of an all round defender to complement Vinny and help Nastasic to fulfil his potential ... over to you Tixi.

Lescott and MD are both shit , hope they both leave at the end of the season and take Garcia with them, three clowns who have hindered our season.

To whomever is slagging off Lescott...

Its his last season with us, he gave it his all. We got to enjoy an away day against BARCELONA. Who could of seen this a decade ago?

Furthermore I would like to make a comparison. At the pub while watching the match today a loud idiotic american "fan" was shouting at our players just generally slagging them off. Many of you sound like him. You're not a supporter of this club I love, you're just and I hate to use this term, a gloryhunter.

These kind of occasions you simply must enjoy and not make a jerk of yourself by slagging the boys in blue off.

Had to get that off my chest.. CTID

tusker said:
Lescott and MD are both shit , hope they both leave at the end of the season and take Garcia with them, three clowns who have hindered our season.

I may be getting clarkied here, but Lescott doesn't deserve this. He was a rock for us when we WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE. You know, that thing we never in our wildest dreams thought we'd win. Sure, he may not be champions league winners standard, but if you're going to judge all our players by this measure, 99.9% of the players who've donned the shirt would be clowns. I hope I'm being clarkied. If not, show some respect.

01MANC said:
tusker said:

I may be getting clarkied here, but Lescott doesn't deserve this. He was a rock for us when we WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE. You know, that thing we never in our wildest dreams thought we'd win. Sure, he may not be champions league winners standard, but if you're going to judge all our players by this measure, 99.9% of the players who've donned the shirt would be clowns. I hope I'm being clarkied. If not, show some respect.

He is good enough to play a role when required these days but not much more I afraid.

He will be off in the summer but he has contributed well and deserves a good sending off ( hopefully with a second championship medal ).

We all know we need a quality centreback with experience at the elite level but not in the last throws of his career that can give Nasty the time to develop.

Whether Nasty can take that next step remains to be seen.

Until we tighten our back four we won't challenge the big players in Europe.

mancity111 said:
01MANC said:
tusker said:

He is good enough to play a role when required these days but not much more I afraid.

He will be off in the summer but he has contributed well and deserves a good sending off ( hopefully with a second championship medal ).

We all know we need a quality centreback with experience at the elite level but not in the last throws of his career that can give Nasty the time to develop.

Whether Nasty can take that next step remains to be seen.

Until we tighten our back four we won't challenge the big players in Europe.

Agree

Great for us in the step up, but not world class, which is what we need. That doesn't make him a clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.