Lescott take a bow

Awful on this level. Gets found out, just like vs ajax last year, it will be interesting to see where he will be playing next year. Not here for sure. In PL he could be a sub for us, but he is on some 90k per week, too much for a player with skills he has. Bayern have important players on less money with real footballing skills.
The likes of Dante, Kroos, Boateng taking home less money than Lescott.

I hope its get sorted by Txiki in a few transfer windows.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
super_city_si said:
Neither MDM or LEscott are good enough to face Europes best. Lescott is good enough for the premier league, where MDM still falls short even there.

Exactly.

Aside from his game against Chelsea were he played in midfield, in which Premier League games has Demichelis 'fallen short'?

mancincali said:
To whomever is slagging off Lescott...

Its his last season with us, he gave it his all. We got to enjoy an away day against BARCELONA. Who could of seen this a decade ago?

Furthermore I would like to make a comparison. At the pub while watching the match today a loud idiotic american "fan" was shouting at our players just generally slagging them off. Many of you sound like him. You're not a supporter of this club I love, you're just and I hate to use this term, a gloryhunter.

These kind of occasions you simply must enjoy and not make a jerk of yourself by slagging the boys in blue off.

Had to get that off my chest.. CTID
Tell Richard Edghill that only glory hunters have a go at players.

You can be as blinkered as you want. Lescott is not good enough for top European level football.

Lescott gave it a really good to last night and did some excellent things. He's usually slated for his use of the ball but I thought in the whole he took his time and did the right things last night.

He should have been penalised for bringing down Messi in the box and he was at fault for their first goal. And at this level that is what loses you the games.

He's no worse a player than Demichelis though. Neither are good enough. Maldieka and Bayern Blade warned us what Demi' would be like when he first came to us and they were both spot on.

I would get rid of both Lescott (and thank him for wonderful service to our club, he has been great for us over the five years - cheers Jolean lad!) and Demichelis, keep Nastasić and bring Rekik back from his loan, and then go out and buy the best available CH who is a similar age to Kompany. We'd then have two experienced CHs in their prime and two potentially elite youngsters as their back-ups.

KippaxCitizen said:
Lescott gave it a really good to last night and did some excellent things. He's usually slated for his use of the ball but I thought in the whole he took his time and did the right things last night.

He should have been penalised for bringing down Messi in the box and he was at fault for their first goal. And at this level that is what loses you the games.

He's no worse a player than Demichelis though. Neither are good enough. Maldieka and Bayern Blade warned us what Demi' would be like when he first came to us and they were both spot on.

I would get rid of both Lescott (and thank him for wonderful service to our club, he has been great for us over the five years - cheers Jolean lad!) and Demichelis, keep Nastasić and bring Rekik back from his loan, and then go out and buy the best available CH who is a similar age to Kompany. We'd then have two experienced CHs in their prime and two potentially elite youngsters as their back-ups.

Great post

People were actually saying the only good thing about this game is Demichelis is not available. Well, I guess all the excitement about that lasted till we saw Lescott in the starting line-up.

Now i know Lescott did his best, we did not have many options, but he is nowhere near good the level we are competing. Might have been the best partner for Vinny during the 2011/12 season, but he is clearly not good enough now (I could argue that we were in a difficult situation to win the league that year because of his mistake that lead to the goal against QPR). It's unfair that MDM gets so much stick, he was actually defending very well until that red card in the 1st leg.

The real culprit is whoever made the decision to not do business during the transfer window. We should have seen the importance of the games coming up, and made sure this area was strengthened. Everyone of us knew, that CB was our weakest area.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
super_city_si said:
Neither MDM or LEscott are good enough to face Europes best. Lescott is good enough for the premier league, where MDM still falls short even there.
Exactly.

Aside from his game against Chelsea were he played in midfield, in which Premier League games has Demichelis 'fallen short'?
Sunderland away he cost us the defeat from a defensive point of view; he's been at fault for goals at Fulham, at home to Cardiff, chance of a winner for Norwich that they didn't take.

Stanger said:
People were actually saying the only good thing about this game is Demichelis is not available. Well, I guess all the excitement about that lasted till we saw Lescott in the starting line-up.

Now i know Lescott did his best, we did not have many options, but he is nowhere near good the level we are competing. Might have been the best partner for Vinny during the 2011/12 season, but he is clearly not good enough now (I could argue that we were in a difficult situation to win the league that year because of his mistake that lead to the goal against QPR). It's unfair that MDM gets so much stick, he was actually defending very well until that red card in the 1st leg.

The real culprit is whoever made the decision to not do business during the transfer window. We should have seen the importance of the games coming up, and made sure this area was strengthened. Everyone of us knew, that CB was our weakest area.

It could be that with Nastasic, Rekik and Denayer coming through, we felt there was no need to spend huge money and that a stop-gap of DM would suffice. We're in it for the long haul and whacking out £30m on the latest must have is not the right thing to do with the young talent that we have. If that's the reason then I'm happy with it as long as those players are given their opportunity in the new season.

He did his best last night and the one genuine mistake cost us badly.
He s a good defender and has been a good player for us, alas he does have a mistake n him like dunny did but not as often.
Like dunny he is just not there to be at the very top, no shame in it only a handful of players are.

I was actually very impressed with some of his passing and movement last night beyond that of basic defense.

I really hope Nastasic gets last seasons form back and keeps focused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.