Lescott take a bow

We don't know they're ready as they haven't been tried with any consistency. I personally would look longer term now or we continue spending fortunes and stalling the progress of great young talent.

We have the basis of a great side and blooding one or two youngsters shouldn't stall that atall.

Its quite funny comparing the Lescott thread to the MDM thread after both make a mistake against Barcelona

MDM ultimately costs the entire tie but gets let off because he did quite well for 54 minutes

Lescott makes a mistake and is crucified

Lescott is a fucking joke. Both players cost us points defensively but the difference is he's dreadful with the ball at his feet - anyone who cant see that is stark staring mad.

That time he gave the ball to Messi on the half way line - I knew he was going to do it, Messi knew he was going to do it, Kompany and pellegrini knew he was going to do it and so did every City fan watching.

Just no-where near this level we now play at. Demichelis has been at this level but has just lost his pace, his ball play is excellent though - still quicker than Lescott though!

Ultimately though you cant blame players that are put on the field for their own short-comings. I'm afraid this one comes down to Txiki, as you can trace nearly all out lost games to one of the CBs, but I'm sure it will be put right in the summer.

Ah, good, thought this thread had been started last night, thought it was a wind up.

Lescott actually surprised me with the boldness of his passing, especially in the first half.

But don't kid yourselves.

He should have been booked in the first five minutes for pulling back Messi, should have conceded a penalty, and then gifted them the opener.

If MDH had done that, he would have been torn to shreds by pundits.

The narrative suits the agenda. I can state Lescott's passing was good, but it doesn't hide from the fact that he is no better than MDM.

Simple. Neither of them are quite good enough, for different reasons. Either we need Nastasic to get back to full match fitness and the form of last season, or we need to bring in a quality central defender to partner Vinny in the summer (and I don't personally see where he's going to come from, because there's no point in getting someone else at the Demichelis/Lescott level).

Lescott is so uncomfortable in possession it's unreal! Gives me a heart attack when he's got the ball

Lescott makes a mistake and is crucified.

If only that was true I am more than willing to stump up for both the wood and nails, but the sooner that f*cking slow witted toss pot is booted out of the door the better.

The min I saw his name on the team I KNEW he would f*ck up, not thought, or suspected, but knew with absolute certainty that no matter how well we played he would do what he has always done.

blueonblue said:
Lescott makes a mistake and is crucified.

If only that was true I am more than willing to stump up for both the wood and nails, but the sooner that f*cking slow witted toss pot is booted out of the door the better.

The min I saw his name on the team I KNEW he would f*ck up, not thought, or suspected, but knew with absolute certainty that no matter how well we played he would do what he has always done.
The other option was Garcia either way we were fucked before the whistle blew

I don't normally like to see individuals made scapegoats. But to those who lambasted Pellegrini for his MDM love, and proffered Lescott as the solution, please think again.

He was once a reasonable centre half and had a good 2011/12 season. That's about it.

On this particular issue, Pellers can only work with the materials he has got. The Barca ties have merely confirmed where transfer priorities lie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.