Let's Be Honest, It Won't Get Any Better Will It?

I think it can get better!

One thing I like about the European Super Cup and Club World Cup is that you have to have won the CL or Europa League to be in it. There's none of this "oh let the top 4 teams into the 'Champions League'" shit - only the winners deserve to be in it. And we have a very good chance of winning them. We could be looking at winning 3/4 trophies again next season and I do think now we've broken the CL hoodoo we'll win another.

I genuinely think this side has the potential to set records that won't be broken in our lifetime.

We may have peaked but who knows?? Even if we have, then we've all been alive to witness some historic moments for the club.
We have already exceeded all my expectations back in 2010/11 when we won the fa cup, everything else has been a bonus, a beautiful bonus.
People in 50 years time when I'm long gone, will watch footage of these City sides Pep has created and say "My god how lucky were the city fans back then being alive too watch that football week in week out"... we have to thank our lucky stars and try and soak it all in as we are witnessing our golden era. Privileged. CTID

No no no its not over by a long shot .still plenty to aim for.
Need to catch up to utds 20 times.
Arsenals 14 fa cups. Real madrids 14 CL european cup wins, Liverpools 9 carabao cups.
An unbeaten league season would be nice.
A quad would be amazing.
And lastly a win at Spurs toilet seat of a stadium would be out of this world
All difficult, but not impossible.

I know our thoughts are already on to next season (see the thread), but it won't get any better than this season.

That's not me being downbeat, it's just me being happy and honest. And privileged to have seen it happen.

The PL Title.
3 PL Titles in a row.
The FA Cup.
The Double.
The CL Trophy.
The Treble.

You can never say never, but I honestly don't think that achievement will ever be replicated or bettered in the future.

Thank you Pep, the coaching staff and the players.
We could win the European super cup and the world club and the community shield to.add to this seasons haul

I just have a gut feeling next season will be a drop off and a re-build season.

Not being miserable about it and almost feel the club deserves a pressure free season.
I agree with this.The players are in danger of burn-out. Playing too many pressure matches and also at international level. Something has to give. There could be quite a few departures over the summer and we will have to bed in the newcomers. We will certainly in the hunt for all the trophies but I think any drop off will be in the league. That said I really fancy us for the CL again.

I agree with this.The players are in danger of burn-out. Playing too many pressure matches and also at international level. Something has to give. There could be quite a few departures over the summer and we will have to bed in the newcomers. We will certainly in the hunt for all the trophies but I think any drop off will be in the league. That said I really fancy us for the CL again.
I disagree Pep won't allow complacency.
It starts again, blank sheet of paper.

I'm sure there was similar said when we won the last treble, the domestic sweep. Yes we knew the CL would come at some point, but as part of a treble seemed far.

Chance at 4 league titles in a row in itself would be monumental enough, but also retaining the FA Cup and CL, plenty to fight for. While there are 4 other trophies to also compete for. Who knows mate!
I would love the 4 in a row, as big as an achievement this season has been, NOBODY has won 4 titles in a row and it's probably the one we would be best equipped to win next season given that anything can happen in knockout comps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.