Let's Not Forget Sheikh Mansour This Sunday!

ManCitizens. said:
Eastlands said:
I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

Exactly - right on the money!
Yes - like all other City fans I am genuinely and eternally grateful for the investment the Shiek has put into our club but he didn't do it because he was a local ancoats lad made good and had dreamed from childhood of watching his local team win the Premiership. No he did it for purely business ressons. To promote and publicise Abu Dhabi.
I don't buy into this idea that you are above criticsm just because you bankroll the club as is the case at Chelsea and what has gone on at the club in the last 2 weeks is nothing short of shambolic. What the JCL's & plastics on here don't remember is that the club and its fans had been around long before he rocked up with his oversized wallet and we will still be here if he ever decides to jack it in and take it elsewhere.

Eastlands said:
I speak as a season cardholder and a supporter of long standing and I fully appreciate that the Sheikh’s funding has brought us both success and great football but why would he do it?, Had he heard that a poor the Manchester team struggling in the EPL had for many years had no real success and so took pity, then bestowed his benevolence for our benefit?, I don’t think so
We were lucky that he chose Eastlands as a base for the worldwide marketing for the Etihad branding and the high profile benefits that could be developed for his United Arab Emirates based airline. It’s about harvesting millions of plastic supporters around the world, the revenue and the recognition that comes with it. He chose football as a means to an end
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'[/quote.

Oh shite Colin schindlers here.

Well I thank the Sheikh Mansour ,without him we would be probably be seeing grass growing on the terraces by now. For those who have doubts about the reasons for his involvement,was Swales and other owners without their personal reasons? It works for the club and for the Sheikh. Thank you,never thought I would see our club in the position we are in my lifetime.

As fans we are sort of twisted.. We love the expensive players, we love the way we build the campus, we are concerned about making huge losses and horrified by the thought that we will not be able to afford watching the show.

In short..We´d all love to go to heaven but we´d hate to die ;-)

As my lad said to me some time back, without Sheikh Mansour we could quite easily be Blackburn Rovers with Venkey's.

God Bless the Sheikh!

100% agree with the OP. mansour really deserves more appreciation from us than what he gets.

Petetheblu said:
Eastlands said:
This is great for us Manchester City supporters but I worry that we may end up known as Manchester Etihad FC. The new development isn't the 'Manchester City Campus' and what is the City Metrolink Stop called? Well it was originally planned as 'Eastlands City Stadium'

If you are as you say you are a long standing city fan, then why don't you know like the the rest of us why sheikh Mansour why he's taken over?
Even my teanage daughter knows, yet you seem flummoxed?

Flummoxed? I don't think so. Read my original post again, it makes it quite clear why he did it and it wasn't for the love or pity for a struggling English football club. It was and is, an investment to achieve a high profile worldwide for the Etihad Brand which can be changed at his whim. Manchester City supporters benifit at the expense of their identity

Eastlands said:
Petetheblu said:
Eastlands said:

If you are as you say you are a long standing city fan, then why don't you know like the the rest of us why sheikh Mansour why he's taken over?
Even my teanage daughter knows, yet you seem flummoxed?

Flummoxed? I don't think so. Read my original post again, it makes it quite clear why he did it and it wasn't for the love or pity for a struggling English football club. It was and is, an investment to achieve a high profile worldwide for the Etihad Brand which can be changed at his whim. Manchester City supporters benifit at the expense of their identity

As a Cityfan you ought to know that Sheikh Mansour is not connected to Etihad in any way outside this sponsorship deal..

Eastlands said:

You are aware that he doesn't own Etihad?
Also aware that Etihad sponsor many other things as well?

The lack of respect and gratefulness some posters show towards the man is baffling...It could easily drive him away from the club as he is not used to it in his home country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.