lets respect wigan

We will respect them. And we will beat them. Wigan are a footballing team, they'll try to play the right way, that will play right into our hands. Plus, come may, they will have other pressing matters in hand. Ideal final for us really, lets be respectful but confident.

Wigan have never been to the FA cup final so this will be massive for them and they will be completely up for it with Martinez behind them.
Can I remind readers of dismal City performances against much lower teams both this season and last (Swansea last season and Southampton this season to mention but 2)

City and BMs must show total respect to Wigan and not presume that City will win. We are favourites,that's all. There is still a game to be played.

ancoats said:
we have won nothing yet still the final to play and i hate any talk of big club vs little club both teams deserve there place in the final and well played wigan
wigan should also have got a uefa europa league place win or lose with man city getting a top 4 place

so well played on both teams getting to the fa cup final

LOL, who's doing the ironing.

To be honest with you we always respect the opposition. The Southampton game this season we played fucking awfully, don't think it was an attitude problem though. Same for Swansea last year, but to be fair they are both quality sides.

When was the last time we lost to Wigan Athletic?

ancoats said:
we have won nothing yet still the final to play and i hate any talk of big club vs little club both teams deserve there place in the final and well played wigan
wigan should also have got a uefa europa league place win or lose with man city getting a top 4 place

so well played on both teams getting to the fa cup final

I have not seen anyone disrespecting them to be honest, on the balance of probabilities we should beat them but one never knows,

I think threads like this are more to do with the OP's state of mind at the time of posting, some form of superstition that if we think we will win, the Gods of fortune will teach us a lesson for being arrogant, or even worse Rag fans may take the piss out of us

Benarbia_is_god said:
To be honest with you we always respect the opposition. The Southampton game this season we played fucking awfully, don't think it was an attitude problem though. Same for Swansea last year, but to be fair they are both quality sides.

Mark Hughes 2008 at Wigan i was there that day.

Benarbia_is_god said:

Away at the DW (about 4 years ago?). 1-2

The stole a penaly with a theatrical dive to win it (Palacios ??)

I was there with the lad... a miserable experience compounded when bumping into loads of Rags at Picc (presumably heading for the Euston train)..
Don't fookin remind me..

They are a better team than the Stoke side we beat last time. They also have nothing to lose. We need to be on our game and our players will know that.

And to think, not so long ago we played each other in the Division Two play off semis. A remarkable feat for both teams to be where they will be on May 11th.

Mancini has enough sense to treat them with the caution that is necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.