Liam Delap | £16m bid from Southampton rejected

I understand the hesitation to "big up" our youth players. Yet we are creating an elite crop.
3 of the best young cbs I've seen at their age groups, not just talent but leadership skills as well in thb, doyle and mbete.
Mcatee in cm is elite in every way. Passing, shooting, dribbling, etc he's gold dust.
Palmer is a young lad who creates time on the ball and is a killer infront of goal.
Delap is a cb bully and a killer in the box.
Most of their qualities aren't expected in kids ie, leadership, slowing the game down, perfect decision making, timing runs, etc. Normally you get excited about how skillful a young kid is or if they have a good shot on them. Personally, I think these kids are way ahead on their development and are worthy of the faith people have in them.
Having said that, all it takes is a bad injury, a lack of confidence or poor a single poor judgement on a night out to not fulfill their potential. So sit back and enjoy this crop of talent, our squad and eds, u18s are brimming with it. It's a great f@#king club to be involved with and to support. Not many of us saw this happening over a decade ago. I never thought I'd see an England captain come through city's youth when lakeys career ended, but we live in hope. Let's enjoy probably the most exciting season in the last 5 years, its an unpredictable one with so many ifs and maybes.
The U16s (a lot of them will be moved up to the U18s this season) are pushing to be even better than the players above them. We've got some real gems coming through at all levels.

I can happily say that I did see it coming a decade ago. The long term planning from the club is astounding and it's all becoming apparent now. It's just too late for anybody to stop us.

I predict that if you loved the past 10 years then grab hold and hold on for your life, it's going to be glorious for the next 10.

For what it's worth, I think Broja is pants.....however, your comparing what Delap might do, not what he's done. The more likely guess is that he won't play 30 games the next 2 seasons.....because he won't be fit enough.
Based on what? Last season he started off with a medical boot on in pre-season, whatever the problem was it wrecked his season but since he's been weaned back in he's looked fine.

is the perfect player for liam to learn from not erling haaland?! Surely beneficial to keep him here and with 5 subs he could get some game time?

How did Haaland learn? By playing senior football from a young age - he didn’t just sign for the biggest club who wanted him in the best league where he wouldn’t necessarily get the required minutes to develop; his career so far has been very well managed.

Delap potentially made a mistake coming here so young, rather than staying with Derby who’ve got a recent track record of bringing though young talent, and this summer it’s essential he finds a way to secure a move that will guarantee him 30+ games against experienced pros so he can kick-start his development. Burnley on loan would be ideal, with a view to another year if they get promoted.

Having him fully developed by the time Haaland’s release clause is active in 2 years could facilitate a ready-made replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.