Licence Fee (TV)

It's very difficult not to engage as it's good to talk. It's tempting to pull them in for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake as we don't get a lot of visitors being olden folk. But Just like vampires they can never come in without an invite so never allow one over your threshold as they will bite. It's quite amazing what someone will do for £10 an hour when hungry.

4EoDzGC.gif

oooh you creepy fucker.

i used to have nightmares about that scene in Salem’s lot.

(not sleeping tonight now)

I bet Zoe Ball wouldn't be paid 1.3 million quid.
Or Lineker paid his kings ransom.
I've no idea on what would be a competitive salary for those two in a commercial market. The BBC are in a difficult place because they have to try and keep a certain standard up but also not overpay either. I watch very little BBC TV, listen to no BBC radio but do use their website. I should be at the forefront of appealing against their funding mechanism but I'm not, because I know a lot of people that do watch their TV and listen to their radio stations and value it. There's a social aspect to our licence fee model of public service television and it does hold up the quality of all the channels (all free channels) and the news output being open for public scrutiny. From what I've seen in other countries, I don't want our TV to go the way they do it there. It would leave a very poor service for those that can't pay for premium television.

Perhaps I should just say stuff them, I'm alright, to save the £13 a month now.

Everybody had to pay the poll tax if over 18.
Council tax is only paid if you are a property owner.
Not true. Tenants pay council tax. Other than that, I genuinely want to know the difference. I'm not being flippant here Nimmers, I just think it seems to be the same thing but with a different badge. I always thought the idea that only property owners should pay for everybody elses services was pretty unfair too. Tenants need their bins collected and use the street lighting etc. Off topic I know but that's the way we veered. :-)

Not true. Tenants pay council tax. Other than that, I genuinely want to know the difference. I'm not being flippant here Nimmers, I just think it seems to be the same thing but with a different badge. I always thought the idea that only property owners should pay for everybody elses services was pretty unfair too. Tenants need their bins collected and use the street lighting etc. Off topic I know but that's the way we veered. :-)
They're not the same. Poll tax is a fixed rate tax on every adult, whereas council tax is a banded tax on every property. Poll taxes appear fairer at first glance (everyone pays the same for the services provided by the local council) but when you delve into the details the wealthier always seem to benefit, which is socially not right. Hence why poll taxes have never been popular, ever.

The daughter moves into her own flat next week and I've told her not to buy one. Living with me all she watches is Netflix and YouTube, I'll carry on paying begrudgingly even though my habits are the same.
They really do need a new system of funding as millions are pissed off with it.
What astounded me was Steve Wright's salary, 500k, to chat shit on radio 2 for a few hours a week. None of them are worth a tenth of that.

They're not the same. Poll tax is a fixed rate tax on every adult, whereas council tax is a banded tax on every property. Poll taxes appear fairer at first glance (everyone pays the same for the services provided by the local council) but when you delve into the details the wealthier always seem to benefit, which is socially not right. Hence why poll taxes have never been popular, ever.
I really should have known that. Yes a more equitable solution. Thanks.

The daughter moves into her own flat next week and I've told her not to buy one. Living with me all she watches is Netflix and YouTube, I'll carry on paying begrudgingly even though my habits are the same.
They really do need a new system of funding as millions are pissed off with it.
What astounded me was Steve Wright's salary, 500k, to chat shit on radio 2 for a few hours a week. None of them are worth a tenth of that.
Yeah but he does host the self titled "big" show, so he must be worth It....I wonder how much hes creamed off the bbc over the years. Must be 10s of millions. Not his fault i suppose. I dont blame people if they stop paying the fee after seeing this

Nowhere else is he getting that salary.
If anything the BBC should be paying smaller wages than commercial radio as it's direct public money.
It's completely out of control.
Just stop funding it.
Remove your antenna.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.