Licence Fee (TV)

Apparently I’m one of 276,000 people who’ve decided to do our bit to defund the BBC in the last 4 months.... that’s an awful lot of court cases and an awful lot of jails needing to be built. I’ll take my chance I think.
Don't worry BB. Read up on the BBC website whether you need a licence or are exempt. I read their T&C's twice(including small print) just to make sure I don't need a licence. I don't need a licence, and if Mr or Mrs capita comes prying through my front window he/she will see I've disconnected my TV coax so I cannot watch TV through my aerial. I signed on online declaration that I don't need one which auntie Beeb replied to and accepted. I watch a my TV through IPTV nowadays to Nord VPN and don't watch BBC. If I did watch it I'm not sure i'd get off on a technicality as streamed IPTV is never live. I expect a future visit but they won't ever step foot in my hallway for two reasons. Firstly I won't acknowledge who they think I am, and secondly if they do try and walk in I'll just sling them into the garden on their sorry arses. I'm not posh enough to to sling them into a sex pond bb. ; )

Hope you don't get too stressed about it re bailiffs and the like.

A bailiff would only get involved if the matter had been dealt with by the court and the defendant had failed to pay. A bailiff however has no right of entry to your home to gain leverage if it's locked . He could attempt to seize a motor vehicle on the driveway that is not subject to finance if it belonged to the debtor, but in essence the debtor would not with any modicom of sense leave it there to be seized. If a bailiff enters through an open door he can list goods as leverege. However.. he cannot take away any white goods. He cannot take away your carpets or your bed or anything used for essential living which doesn't leave him with an awful lot. He can take "luxury" items and tv's but the auction prices are unlikely to pay off the debt and therefore they would rather seize a motor vehicle or items of high value. If bailiffs have made peaceful entry to your home then they have the right to break in on subsequent visits so if you are in this situation never ever allow a bailif to enter peaceable in the first place and you're 100% safe. Sorry for the rant but your rights are sacriment in law and everyone should be aware.

Last edited:
A bailiff would only get involved if the matter had been dealt with by the court and the defendant had failed to pay. A bailiff however has no right of entry to your home in order to gain leverage if it is locked . He could attempt to seize a motor vehicle on the driveway that is not subject to finance if it belonged to the debtor, but in essence the debtor would not with any modicom of sense leave it there to be seized. If a bailiff enters through an open door he can list goods as leveredge. However.. he cannot take away any white goods. He cannot take away your carpets or your bed or anything used for essential living which doesnt leave him with an awful lot. He can take luxury items and tv's but the auction prices are hardly likely to pay off the debt and therefore they would rather seize a motor vehicle or items of high value. If a bailif has made peaceful entry to your home then he then has the right to break in on subsequent visits so if you are in this situation never ever allow a bailif to enter peaceable in the first place and you are 100% safe. Sorry for the rant but your rights are sacriment in law and everyone should be aware.
Absolutely, however the OP was asking about process of dealing with the licencing authority's response to having cancelled the dd and said he can't be arsed witb tbe hassle. This is after one letter so I merely said I hope he doesn't stress about it.
Some people can be sensitive to this sort of thing so I was trying to be nice.
No need to apologise for the (non) rant though. It's good to know.
Did you mean sacrosanct btw? -:)

A bailiff would only get involved if the matter had been dealt with by the court and the defendant had failed to pay. A bailiff however has no right of entry to your home in order to gain leverage if it is locked . He could attempt to seize a motor vehicle on the driveway that is not subject to finance if it belonged to the debtor, but in essence the debtor would not with any modicom of sense leave it there to be seized. If a bailiff enters through an open door he can list goods as leveredge. However.. he cannot take away any white goods. He cannot take away your carpets or your bed or anything used for essential living which doesn't leave him with an awful lot. He can take "luxury" items and tv's but the auction prices are unlikely to pay off the debt and therefore they would rather seize a motor vehicle or items of high value. If bailiffs have made peaceful entry to your home then they have the right to break in on subsequent visits so if you are in this situation never ever allow a bailif to enter peaceable in the first place and you are 100% safe. Sorry for the rant but your rights are sacriment in law and everyone should be aware.
I think bailiffs can enter through an open window or door so that should be borne in mind.

Yes I know, it was to pay for the ABC.

If no-one pays there's nothing they can do.
So blame the one's who keep paying.
I guess if as a nation a collective decision is made it is pragmatic to change the rules. It is, however, currently a criminal offence to watch tv or I Player without a licence. It is perhaps relevant that prosecution is unlikely if one pursues the course of non payment but you can be prosecuted. My sister in law actually has a criminal offence for this reason, even if she basically stuffed it up as I don't think she was actually trying to avoid paying.
I'm not entirely sure that having a licence fee is my fault btw. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.