Lights Out - Part 2 (Club Officials Please Read)

Re: Lights Out - Part 2

CAPS LOCK TIME.(I don't do this as a rule)

IF ANYONE THINKS IT DOESN'T HAVE AN AFFECT ON OPPOSING FANS AND OUR FANS, THINK AGAIN. AS SOON AS THOSE LIGHTS WENT OUT I LOOKED OVER TO THE CHELSEA FANS NEXT TO ME AND THEY WERE LIKE, 'WHAT THE FUCK!', LOOKING AT EACH OTHER. THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES SAID IT ALL. (THE WHOLE GROUND IN DARKNESS, ONLY LIT WITH BLUE LIGHTS AND TWO BLUEMOONS ON THE SCORBOARDS AND OUR FANS SINGING, REALLY SPPOKED THEM OUT)

AS SOON AS THE LIGHTS WENT OUT, THE ATMOSPHERE, ANTICIPATION, EXCITMENT AND NOISE WENT UP 10 FOLD.

LET ME PUT IT IN SIMPLE TERMS. EVER BEEN ON A GHOST TRAIN AT A FUN FAIR? YOU KNOW IT'S ALL MAKE BELIEVE, BUT WHEN YOU ENTER THROUGH THE DOORS INTO THE DARKNESS, YOU SUDDENLY SHIT YOUR PANTS. wHY?

Keep it going City. Every club in the world tries to find something unique to start the match build up. We just have. Others arOund the world will eventually follow. Always remeMber, we were (probably) the first.

PS. Mr Mubarak. Can we have a blue map of Machester or 'this is 'our city' projected across the pitch before the teams come out for the semi final. How would that go down. Wow!

Love this innovation by the club, but I'd save it for 'special' occasions. I'd love to see a projection of 'Welcome To Manchester' for United's visit.

The ideas coming out of the club these days are exceptional, this on though...tops the others big time!! like ive said before in the Pearce days they tried lifting the crowd with "crowd chants" and it was a disaster - yesterdays atmosphere was at the other end of the spectrum!! all we need now is 48,000 blue glowsticks handed out!! lol

and to the point of atmosphere out side the ground i was late to the Boro end of the season game (Fowler game) and when running to the stadium could hear were not really here being chanted from the bottom of the road and it sounded immense, much different to when your in the crowd and youve got the likes of John & edward drowning everyone else out!!

nu774ll said:
The ideas coming out of the club these days are exceptional, this on though...tops the others big time!! like ive said before in the Pearce days they tried lifting the crowd with "crowd chants" and it was a disaster - yesterdays atmosphere was at the other end of the spectrum!! all we need now is 48,000 blue glowsticks handed out!! lol

and to the point of atmosphere out side the ground i was late to the Boro end of the season game (Fowler game) and when running to the stadium could hear were not really here being chanted from the bottom of the road and it sounded immense, much different to when your in the crowd and youve got the likes of John & edward drowning everyone else out!!

I'd like to see it at every night match and throughout the dark winter months. It gives the stadium and the fans the edge. Like I said, it's unique and the look on the faces of the Chelsea fans was priceless.

Hot air balloon in the style of a bluemoon tethered to the roof.

When the stadium lights go out a spotlight illuminates the balloon.

Or am i getting carried away?

Lol

The reason it's brilliant is because its the antithesis of the "theatrics" people are accusing it of - it strips away everything. The PA, music, lighting to let the fans voice be heard. Nothing theatrical about that.

The question now is whether we do it for every night match or reserve it for big games. I can see the merit of both.

Project said:
The reason it's brilliant is because its the antithesis of the "theatrics" people are accusing it of - it strips away everything. The PA, music, lighting to let the fans voice be heard. Nothing theatrical about that.

The question now is whether we do it for every night match or reserve it for big games. I can see the merit of both.

Agree entirely. Even on Day matches they should strip away the booming music five minutes before kick-off and let the atmosphere build.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.