Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard was 36 at City and he was well past his best. Why are Barca pushing him out of the door then if he is such a great footballing asset?

I believe this is as much about promoting the City Football Group across the world as anything else because from a footballing point of view there are better ways of spending £400m. Football is now global big business.
This has you in an awkard spot marvin,you wrote him off two years ago and had to recant,you hate older players,yep,tough spot

ha ha, can you just give us a quote from a dipper on this subject, if you don't mind..
"I'll tell the Sheikh...."

Just like that. 'I'll tell the Sheikh'. their daddy. the Sheikh. Steroid daddy Sheikh club. That is who they are. We're the only club in England that can defeat this evil now. Messi and the Sheikh. Pimps of football.

The romance and purity of football lays with us now. We have to defeat this and win the title next season. The soul of English football depends on us. Only we can prove that Sheikhs cannot buy glory like pimps. F*ck Messi and f*ck Sheikh Oligarch football. Its up to us. The glory and romance depends on us.
The poetic irony of someone that supports a team owned by robber barons fleecing the very community the club is supposedly meant to represent, referring to our owners as Sheikh Oligarchs and asserting that it is Liverpool’s moral duty to stop City, is truly delicious.

I watched a bit of Sky Sports News yesterday and they were interviewing some City fans down at the ground. I don't know if its Sky Sports just editing for their own agenda, but every fan seem to mention that they didn't think it would be a good idea as he is too old, too costly in wages and could unsettle the club. Sky Sports are absolutely quaking in their boots at the thought of Messi joining us.

I know football is all about opinions, but anyone that is worried about our long term future if we sign Messi, i have a message for you... you seriously need to get out more and look at the bigger picture. You have to really question if you are really a REAL football fan that wants to see REAL football (totaalvoetbal).

If we sign Messi, as i have already alluded to in previous comments, he will move the project forward. If we do sign him, even when he eventually leaves this club, don't you think this will catapult the club onto a level they have never been before? Don't you think City will make a lot more revenue through this one signing and grow hugely as a brand? Don't you think players in the future will want to join City because of Messi?

It would be an absolutrly enormous signing for the club, it would be a watershed moment similar to when we won our first league title in 44 years. Yes, it is not as important as winning the league in the last min against your derby rivals will never be topped, but it is on a similar level for me. It is an absolute game changer. I don't know about anyone else, but if we do sign him and it is still a big IF, i will be hit with an overwhelming sense of emotion. I am 30 years old now, but i remember when i was about 7 or 8 and i said to my father, "why do we support City? They are rubbish dad." He turned round to me and said... "well if you have been a naughty boy and been badly misbehaving, we would not swap you for a good boy. We stick with you because we love you." Everytime we achieve something brilliant, win a league, win trophies... i always think back to these moments. I think back to how many years my father suffered watching City and for all the pain, the emotion, the misery... it has all been worth it. Winning the league in 2012 would never feel as good if we had not have been on this emotional rollercoaster throughout the decades. To think that back in 1999 we was in a division 2 playoff final to 21 years on and we have broken countless records, beat our manc rivals in the last min to win our first league title in many years, win the league with 100 points, win a domestic treble and now be in with a chance of signing the greatest ever player to play the game, it is just absolutely overwhelming. It is a pinch yourself moment, is this really happening?

Even if we don't get Messi, we do have to appreciate everything we have seen. We have witnessed things we never thought we would ever see. Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made dreams come true regardless of what the spiteful, jealous, hateful media say. We are Manchester City, we are a juggernaut and we are not going away.
Sky have form for putting city shirts on rags then interviewing them at ours ,sly fuckers

Something tells me a bunch of players are going to be furry when he really comes. Same area in a game as KDB - gonna put Mahrez to the bench ( not that I really care about that) - might take all freekicks, is definitely not gonna track back and our defense is already not the best. He stopped scoring on away goals against other topclubs since 2017. Gonna get like 5 times the money KDB gets.

Yep it’s not like Khaldoon, Ferran etc have a clue about running a business or maximising our revenue streams. Ffs when I was chairman we didn’t have a pot to piss in, I even had to buy my own wigs, now we are top 5 IN THE WORLD for revenue
Are you reporting from your "afterlife".
By the way what did you do with all that "gate money" ?

Ah yes the romance of pushing a wall down on top of all those Italians - they truly are the moral bastions of the game! What’s that? Gerrard twatting a DJ, Spitty spitting in a little girls face, hacking, writing off 10s of millions as stadium development fees to circumvent FFP, owners don’t care that a rapist operated from the Red Sox for decades, owners facilitated Red Sox cheating, blood money from Standard Charter - but apart from that, clean as fuck and everyone looks up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.