Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
david whites spike said:
Just been reading back and apologies if I'm being thick or ignorant but how the fuck will a 200m transfer fee and 300k a week pay for itself?
Sponsorship Deals, Image Rights, Media Exposure, Replica Shirt Sales etc etc etc. Most famous and marketable footballer in the world and all that, you or I probably couldn't make it pay for itself but Soriano will.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Why we need Messi? Are you so stupid? His release price is 250 milions. Mangala + Shaw + Barkley + Pogba + Suarez + Isco + Arturo Vidal + Thiago Silva = 250 milions. What would you choose: Mangala + Shaw + Barkley + Pogba + Suarez + Isco + Arturo Vidal + Thiago Silva or just Messi? If you choose just Messi, I will cut my hand off in front of all of you.

Haha, I absolutely love the way this guy worded it.

The fact there's a 170 page thread on Messi and it's not just praising him as the greatest footballer ever is quite embarrassing, if anyone thinks there's an actual chance of signing him then I guess I have to salute your faith/naivety.

aguero93:20 said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Why we need Messi? Are you so stupid? His release price is 250 milions. Mangala + Shaw + Barkley + Pogba + Suarez + Isco + Arturo Vidal + Thiago Silva = 250 milions. What would you choose: Mangala + Shaw + Barkley + Pogba + Suarez + Isco + Arturo Vidal + Thiago Silva or just Messi? If you choose just Messi, I will cut my hand off in front of all of you.
Just to be a ****, while you're thinking about what to chop off your hand with.
Mangala 35.5 million
Shaw 32 million
Barkley minimum 20 million
Pogba 60 million
Suarez 80 million
Isco 30 million
Vidal 35 million
T. Silva 30 million
that's 322.5 million, plus all the extra wages, which a conservative figure would be around an extra 46.8 million per season over a 5 year average contract comes to another 234 million and they have none of the marketing or exposure potential.
and that's being conservative with those figures, presuming every club will sell, every player will want to sign and that we can keep them all playing and happy.
Stop playing FIFA so much, it's a good game, but it's not real :)

Ironic, considering the figures you just tried to put on those players.

david whites spike said:
Just been reading back and apologies if I'm being thick or ignorant but how the fuck will a 200m transfer fee and 300k a week pay for itself?
Sponsorship Deals, Image Rights, Media Exposure, Replica Shirt Sales etc etc etc. Most famous and marketable footballer in the world and all that, you or I probably couldn't make it pay for itself but Soriano will.

Not forgetting to help fill out the 15k extra seats we will have soon, not that I think we will need much help but Messi would guarantee it.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm --<br /><br />
david whites spike said:

Not forgetting to help fill out the 15k extra seats we will have soon, not that I think we will need much help but Messi would guarantee it. Plus there has been talk on here of additional sponsorship deals specifically if Messi joins.

Scouse_Jimi said:
In this alternate universe where you do manage to sign Messi - he'll keep his image rights as he currently does at Barca - why would he give up that amount of dosh playing for the most marketable team in the world...
Yes it's logical he will keep his image rights but the deal for him can still be viable through the extra sponsorship revenue alone. Our deals with Etihad and Nike are by no means the best out there. With the world's best footballer in your team then it's justifiable to get at least parity with the best sponsorship deals at Real Madrid, Man Utd and PSG, without falling foul of FFP. Shirt sales, a bigger stadium filled and extra TV exposure will also help.

Scouse_Jimi said:
In this alternate universe where you do manage to sign Messi - he'll keep his image rights as he currently does at Barca - why would he give up that amount of dosh playing for the most marketable team in the world...

I'm hearing he has YNWA tattooed on his arm and that he has always dreamt of playing in front of the Kop.........

Before you come on here taking the piss, think on about the comedy your own clubs fans create on a yearly basis when talking about who you are going to sign!

grunge said:
david whites spike said:

Not forgetting to help fill out the 15k extra seats we will have soon, not that I think we will need much help but Messi would guarantee it.

-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm --

david whites spike said:

Not forgetting to help fill out the 15k extra seats we will have soon, not that I think we will need much help but Messi would guarantee it. Plus there has been talk on here of additional sponsorship deals specifically if Messi joins.

Always wondered if messi would pay back the transfer fee with shirt sales etc. The point you made about selling out an extra 15k of supporters is spot on.

richards30 said:
bobmcfc said:
Whack in the release fee and let Lionel decide.

Am sure a £120m offer would make them and him think!

They can't sign players so will be tighter than a fleas chuff. It's going to take a mega bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.