Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Mansour sailed to Spain/Anchored at a jetty/Went ashore,liked what he saw/And bought us Lionel Messi.

This self-funding claim. If it's a no-brainer, why isn't every big club rushing to pay his release clause?

Another thing that would concern me is putting so many eggs in one basket. This lad's body has taken a battering at top level for years. He could pick up a long term injury so easily.

This reminds me of the Kaka episode. He was similarly one of the world's top players with a marketing image to die for. What a let-down that would have been.

Not that I believe it will happen anyway.

Scouse_Jimi said:
In this alternate universe where you do manage to sign Messi - he'll keep his image rights as he currently does at Barca - why would he give up that amount of dosh playing for the most marketable team in the world...

There's four different things wrong with this, which is impressive in one sentence

I don't think City should pay the money, presuming Barca get their transfer embargo lifted, but I think Messi may be available this summer if someone was to make a huge bid. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.