Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
SPIDERBOY said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Messi being slammed over in Spain for Barcelona's exit, several ex players chiming in too, some going as far as to say he is losing the drive to succeed and turning into a Ronaldinho-esque situation. Interesting. Firmly believe the only way he will ever leave is if he feels unloved and unwanted at Barca.

I heard on talkshite before,some geezer with stats on the Atletico /barca game last night....said one of the keepers put more mileage in than messi....is that right?
No, Pinto ran nearly as far though.

That's who he said pinto,some fella (on talkshite)in Marbella,missed his name.

the originalkippaxman said:
Sign of good management at a club is knowing when the right time is to sell a player. That is what Fergie at the Rags was very good at. Messi is in the top 3 word stars alongside Ronaldo and for arguments sake Neymar. Question for Barca when is the right time to cash in on him. Ignoring the soon to be overturned transfer ban the cash they could make now from selling him could strengthen an ageing squad. Or do they wait another year for Neymar to find his feet fully and then get rid.

At the moment he is Barca and footballs No1 player but it only takes Ronaldo to win another Ballon d'or and the media will start classing Messi as a past great.

not with Ronaldo he didn't

He really struggled last night, and Certainly doesn't seem to have the appetite he once did, as ridiculous as this may sound, I do believe a change of scenery would suit him.

Obviously I doubt Barca will want to sell, But if they want Neymar to reach his undoubtedly high potential, then I don't believe he can do that with Messi still at the club.

BringBackSwales said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Sign of good management at a club is knowing when the right time is to sell a player. That is what Fergie at the Rags was very good at. Messi is in the top 3 word stars alongside Ronaldo and for arguments sake Neymar. Question for Barca when is the right time to cash in on him. Ignoring the soon to be overturned transfer ban the cash they could make now from selling him could strengthen an ageing squad. Or do they wait another year for Neymar to find his feet fully and then get rid.

At the moment he is Barca and footballs No1 player but it only takes Ronaldo to win another Ballon d'or and the media will start classing Messi as a past great.

not with Ronaldo he didn't

He had no option he had to sell. The debts were already spiralling that was when everybody knew that United were in the shit.

Before any chance (zero IMO) coming to city they will have to overturn that ban on incoming transfers they are not going to let him go and not be able to replace unless there is a buy out clause which by passes the club. But what a fucking player would propel us to very dizzy heights indeed.

A common problem among the worlds best in many fields is boredom. They need to be challenged always. There always needs to be a goal something that is "unattainable" to work towards. Perhaps, he's just bored? Really what else is there to achieve at Barca? I find the notion that he's peaked at 26 though to be a bit silly. A man like Messi needs to be constantly challenged. Constantly pushed.

I will also say that Barca are too dependent on him and perhaps physically he just needs a break for a short while.

Rammyblues said:
Before any chance (zero IMO) coming to city they will have to overturn that ban on incoming transfers they are not going to let him go and not be able to replace unless there is a buy out clause which by passes the club. But what a fucking player would propel us to very dizzy heights indeed.
They replaced him last summer when they bought Neymar.

I wonder if Kaka and Milan regret the day they bottled £107m big ones, eh?

Messi's biggest dilemma is his heart, not his head.

He's made enough money to live 100 lifetimes.

A decisive factor could well be this transfer embargo if it is not overturned.

Barca won't be moving forward as a team for the next 18 months.

Without fear of contradiction, Messi in England would score 50 goals in a season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I wonder if Kaka and Milan regret the day they bottled £107m big ones, eh?

Messi's biggest dilemma is his heart, not his head.

He's made enough money to live 100 lifetimes.

A decisive factor could well be this transfer embargo if it is not overturned.

Barca won't be moving forward as a team for the next 18 months.

Without fear of contradiction, Messi in England would score 50 goals in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.