Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
onceabluealways said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:
Not realy commented on this thread - Why do people think we are going to splash out 100M on one player - we haven't bought a world class player in since Aguero 3 years ago. The last two summers have been made up of a number of 20-30 mill players.

If he goes anywhere it will be PSG.
Why do people come up with the same stupid statements when they've all been answered on the thread. The money spent on Messi isn't dead money as we have done the sums, spoken to commercial partners and he will more than pay for himself as well as raising our profile another level.

My understanding is that Nike and Etihad have both been brought into a possible deal and both will contribute towards it. And there is significant interest from other commercial partners or prospective partners as well. The money for Messi is in place, we have first refusal I believe and if we buy him it will have no impact on any other funds we spend.

You obviousely understand finances better than me - I've read your post on FFP.

If we pay say 80mill and this is recouped through commercial deals etc on top of his wages - then to me by the same logic barca should be making 80mill in a similar way. If that is the case then why would they ever sell him until he isn't worth it?
That's a good question and you could also ask why United sold Ronaldo when he presumably did the same for them. I don't know what he's worth to Barca as an individual but their profile is much higher than ours so it's possible that his loss wouldn't hit them financially as much as it would benefit us. They could promote Neymar as the new golden boy quite easily. Not quite Messi but still a decent return.

Plus they would get a huge cash sum up front for Messi which might suit them at this point in time. In any investment decision you have to weigh up the benefit of a lump sum now compared to an incremental sum over the next few years. People sell profitable businesses.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
What's the feeling now at City, PB? Do they think a deal is more/less likely than it was say 3 months ago? Do they think a deal is impossible/possible/probable/certain to bring Messi to City?
I can't answer that with any certainty. I'm pretty sure we tried to do this last summer but his tax case got in the way of that and I've said before I don't believe that was a coincidence.

If I look at Messi at the moment, I see in his level of performance and body language a player who doesn't seem that keen to be where he is. And that fills me with some hope.

I've said before that I'm 100% confident we will try to get him but was 50/50 whether we would. I'm moving to 60/40 in favour at the moment.

This fills me with a bit more hope....one report on TMW says the abuse was aimed mainly at messi and martino
Hopefully he's had enough and wants a change of scenery.

The Barcelona players were received with angry shouts and insults by some of the Culé faithful on the club's arrival at the Camp Nou. The painful defeat at the hands of their eternal rival after a terrible week proved to be too much, and the supporters gathered to greet their stars with shouts of "Mercenaries!"

The Barcelona players arrived at the airport to catch their flight back home with serious faces following their 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Cup final. Heads down and lips sealed, the players walked past the waiting Barça fans, who booed and insulted them as they went by.

SPIDERBOY said:
This fills me with a bit more hope....one report on TMW says the abuse was aimed mainly at messi and martino

The Barcelona players were received with angry shouts and insults by some of the Culé faithful on the club's arrival at the Camp Nou. The painful defeat at the hands of their eternal rival after a terrible week proved to be too much, and the supporters gathered to greet their stars with shouts of "Mercenaries!"

The Barcelona players arrived at the airport to catch their flight back home with serious faces following their 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Cup final. Heads down and lips sealed, the players walked past the waiting Barça fans, who booed and insulted them as they went by.

Really?? What set of pricks.

SPIDERBOY said:

Messi will feel right at home here - one loss and he can be abused (and have a season card thrown at him) by some of our irrational loyal fans.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
What's the feeling now at City, PB? Do they think a deal is more/less likely than it was say 3 months ago? Do they think a deal is impossible/possible/probable/certain to bring Messi to City?
I can't answer that with any certainty. I'm pretty sure we tried to do this last summer but his tax case got in the way of that and I've said before I don't believe that was a coincidence.

If I look at Messi at the moment, I see in his level of performance and body language a player who doesn't seem that keen to be where he is. And that fills me with some hope.

I've said before that I'm 100% confident we will try to get him but was 50/50 whether we would. I'm moving to 60/40 in favour at the moment.

I hope your right. I thought Kun's demeanor and body language didn't look good last night but that could be born out of frustration with the persistent muscle injuries.

SPIDERBOY said:

Some proper mard arse, spoilt football fans around aren't they. Outrageous to boo or shout abuse at Messi.

nmc said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Messi will feel right at home here - one loss and he can be abused (and have a season card thrown at him) by some of our irrational loyal fans.

I get what you mean mate,but the media and the fans have really gone after him over the last few weeks,there is a video on marca.....it's not just the odd prick.....unbelievable how they can target one player.

jay_mcfc said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Some proper mard arse, spoilt football fans around aren't they. Outrageous to boo or shout abuse at Messi.

If a player isn't trying then they have every right to vent their frustration. He is paid £300k a week to do his best for Barcelona not save himself for Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.