Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowantads said:
Anyone speak spanish?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/oferta-del-barca-messi-esta-lejos-que-jugador-quiere-3252733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/o ... re-3252733</a>

I thought the new contract was supposed to be signed after cdr final, but what's this new crap about? Google translate only tells me - he wants 400m and barca offers 200m?

Ugh I hope this prat signs his new contract soon. I hate it when he uses mcfc as leverage for his contract negotiation. Although maybe the club doesn't mind it as much as they did being linked with that bigger prat alves.

Also don't forget this prat injured kun D8< I hate him so much.

Reading the comments below the line many think that he could be on his way out. Either because he should (demanding too much) or because the directors are playing financial hard ball with their biggest asset.

nowantads said:
Anyone speak spanish?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/oferta-del-barca-messi-esta-lejos-que-jugador-quiere-3252733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/o ... re-3252733</a>

I thought the new contract was supposed to be signed after cdr final, but what's this new crap about? Google translate only tells me - he wants 400m and barca offers 200m?

Ugh I hope this prat signs his new contract soon. I hate it when he uses mcfc as leverage for his contract negotiation. Although maybe the club doesn't mind it as much as they did being linked with that bigger prat alves.

Also don't forget this prat injured kun D8< I hate him so much.

Barça's offer is short of what the player Messi wants

Both sides want an agreement but first, the positions of Barca and Messi are quite far apart

Messi wants to continue at the club , but to be paid what he thinks he deserves.

Sport.es | 04.17.2014 | 21:46 h .

FC Barcelona will press their final offer to renew the contract of Messi's company, Messi Management, led by his father Jorge . The offer is 200 million, with an annual salary of $40 million over five years. As for image rights , the club aims for 20% of the advertising revenue of the star , according to Sport Marketing Euromericas.

Meanwhile, the proposal presented on the table for Barcelona by Messi is a contract for 400 million for the same period of time, with a net annual salary of 100 million and would not affect the the current scheme of personally negotiated adverts.

The market value disclosed by Euromericas Sport Marketing is the reference of the company (Messi's company) when it began to renegotiate the agreement , ie 4,125,000 million. We remember that up until now it is at 492 million euros (Messi's marketable value), says Gerardo Molina , CEO of the agency.

Messi in seven previous negotiations has always reached an agreement, without hassle with the club, where he has not wanted to leave, " but the conditions of staying permanently should respond to the current soccer market, that have changed since the arrival of Asian capital to the main clubs of the principle leagues in Europe" explains Gustavo Lorente, Euromericas Sport Marketing Manager for Spain.

Club officials explain overall this is not the only single negotiation, for this contract for the best player in the world and at the moment he is living Barcelona. They also have efforts for resolving the sanction involving FIFA, coupled with the urgent need for new signings in the coming season .

Barcelona are alert and very aware of the interest of several clubs in signing the Argentine with higher numbers than which the club has offered , but they should clarify that they ensure economic and financial health in the short , medium and long term.

The Barcelona president is confident that Messi will understand the context of the offer and accept that he will sign the agreement for five years because they know that the " flea " (Messi nickname) feels the pleasure and pride of wearing the club's colours .

Stoned Rose said:
thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
Does anyone genuinely think it's a good idea to spend 200m on one player when we could 5 or more top players for that money?

Get a grip.
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.[/quote]

1. My query isn't solely about money. If you actually read what I say, I'm commenting that for 200m we could potentially buy 5 top end players. Given our current squad weaknesses, this makes much more sense than spending such a huge sum on one player. Especially a player who plays in a position where we are well stocked.

2. Financially, we're currently being investigated by the FFP Police. Throwing another 200m around really wouldn't go unnoticed.

3. What the fuck are we going to do if he gets injured and is out for half a season like Aguero or an almost full one like Jovetic?

I'd love to see him here, but the idea is still blatantly ludicrous on many levels.

You have some decent points there Stoned.

However we can now put figures on Messi's marketable value. If we bought Messi for 200M and FFP sniff, we can use the openly available figure that as an asset he is worth 492M. He is in fact vastly undervalued and we can generate a market earner of nearly 300M. That should put us firmly in the black. Thus pissing on FFP chips.

Yes he could be injured like any other player and it is unlikely 5 or 6 players would be injured for a long spell (although with City's history, i have my doubts) , but what if he doesn't? He has it in him to score 50-60 goals in the PL, that alone is 3 good strikers. Have him with Aguero and only play them in PL and CL games, then we would be far better as a team.

It is a huge question, one we as fans and as a club have never encountered. It would easily put us into the top bracket of the game. Players would be more likely to follow and the following (merchandise, site hits blah blah would be off the scale.

He who dares wins.

(As City fans though, we will all be adding Rodders to that quote and immediately expecting the worst.)

From to-day's MEN by Paul Handler:-

Gossip: City line up £250m Messi deal

Manchester City have been linked with a staggering £250m deal for Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.

The Argentinian is yet to sign a contract extension at the Nou Camp and reports in Spain suggest he could be tempted by a new challenge at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old has been at Barca for his whole career but this season has been a turbulent one for the Catalan club. They are struggling to cling on in the La Liga title race and this week were beaten by arch rivals Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Manchester City have been linked with a staggering £250m deal for Barcelona ace Lionel Messi.

The Argentinian is yet to sign a contract extension at the Nou Camp and reports in Spain suggest he could be tempted by a new challenge at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old has been at Barca for his whole career but this season has been a turbulent one for the Catalan club. They are struggling to cling on in the La Liga title race and this week were beaten by arch rivals Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final.

Go here for the full article

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-lionel-messi-7006058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... si-7006058</a>

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

He's doing it again? He can kiss fcb badge all day long but everytime his contract negotiation stuck 'messi to city/psg' story comes up. Hypocrite!!!

Does anybody know if Barcelona's ban on buying players stops them bringing in new players as part of a part exchange deal?
What I'm wondering is could we offer them say £100m plus 2 players? If that is allowed it might be in Barcelona's best interest
to sell as a way of getting around the transfer ban.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Does anybody know if Barcelona's ban on buying players stops them bringing in new players as part of a part exchange deal?
What I'm wondering is could we offer them say £100m plus 2 players? If that is allowed it might be in Barcelona's best interest
to sell as a way of getting around the transfer ban.

And what 2 players would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.