Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:
Not realy commented on this thread - Why do people think we are going to splash out 100M on one player - we haven't bought a world class player in since Aguero 3 years ago. The last two summers have been made up of a number of 20-30 mill players.

If he goes anywhere it will be PSG.
Why do people come up with the same stupid statements when they've all been answered on the thread. The money spent on Messi isn't dead money as we have done the sums, spoken to commercial partners and he will more than pay for himself as well as raising our profile another level.

My understanding is that Nike and Etihad have both been brought into a possible deal and both will contribute towards it. And there is significant interest from other commercial partners or prospective partners as well. The money for Messi is in place, we have first refusal I believe and if we buy him it will have no impact on any other funds we spend.

This sums it up perfectly, save reading back on the previous pages. Messi would pay for himself, it's not like buying any other player Messi is a brand, sponsorship on him would be huge. I can see this happening, to me Messi is in desperate need of a change for his career.

Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:
Not realy commented on this thread - Why do people think we are going to splash out 100M on one player - we haven't bought a world class player in since Aguero 3 years ago. The last two summers have been made up of a number of 20-30 mill players.

Why do people come up with the same stupid statements when they've all been answered on the thread. The money spent on Messi isn't dead money as we have done the sums, spoken to commercial partners and he will more than pay for himself as well as raising our profile another level.

My understanding is that Nike and Etihad have both been brought into a possible deal and both will contribute towards it. And there is significant interest from other commercial partners or prospective partners as well. The money for Messi is in place, we have first refusal I believe and if we buy him it will have no impact on any other funds we spend.

Why do people not grasp this concept, we can still buy another 2/3 top quality players as well as Messi, I would estimate another £80/£100m on top of the Messi money for other players this summer which we need to take us to the next level.

Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:

What's the feeling now at City, PB? Do they think a deal is more/less likely than it was say 3 months ago? Do they think a deal is impossible/possible/probable/certain to bring Messi to City?

Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:

You obviousely understand finances better than me - I've read your post on FFP.

If we pay say 80mill and this is recouped through commercial deals etc on top of his wages - then to me by the same logic barca should be making 80mill in a similar way. If that is the case then why would they ever sell him until he isn't worth it?

kippaxblue76 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:

Why do people not grasp this concept, we can still buy another 2/3 top quality players as well as Messi, I would estimate another £80/£100m on top of the Messi money for other players this summer which we need to take us to the next level.
Why would Nike contribute to a deal featuring the highest profile adidas athlete in the world? He already wears Nike kit at Barca so I'm not sure how they would benefit

Stoned Rose said:
Does anyone genuinely think it's a good idea to spend 200m on one player when we could 5 or more top players for that money?

Get a grip.
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.

Highly doubt this is the direction our owner wants to go. I think he would have preferred the club create our own 'Messi'.

Akira said:
Highly doubt this is the direction our owner wants to go. I think he would have preferred the club create our own 'Messi'.

Of course he would prefer if we could 'create our own Messi' but how likely is that? I'm sure he'd have liked to see us win the league without spending a penny but that was never going to happen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.