Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
Does anyone genuinely think it's a good idea to spend 200m on one player when we could 5 or more top players for that money?

Get a grip.
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.[/quote]

1. My query isn't solely about money. If you actually read what I say, I'm commenting that for 200m we could potentially buy 5 top end players. Given our current squad weaknesses, this makes much more sense than spending such a huge sum on one player. Especially a player who plays in a position where we are well stocked.

2. Financially, we're currently being investigated by the FFP Police. Throwing another 200m around really wouldn't go unnoticed.

3. What the fuck are we going to do if he gets injured and is out for half a season like Aguero or an almost full one like Jovetic?

I'd love to see him here, but the idea is still blatantly ludicrous on many levels.

Stoned Rose said:
thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
Does anyone genuinely think it's a good idea to spend 200m on one player when we could 5 or more top players for that money?

Get a grip.
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.[/quote]

1. My query isn't solely about money. If you actually read what I say, I'm commenting that for 200m we could potentially buy 5 top end players. Given our current squad weaknesses, this makes much more sense than spending such a huge sum on one player. Especially a player who plays in a position where we are well stocked.

2. Financially, we're currently being investigated by the FFP Police. Throwing another 200m around really wouldn't go unnoticed.

3. What the fuck are we going to do if he gets injured and is out for half a season like Aguero or an almost full one like Jovetic?

I'd love to see him here, but the idea is still blatantly ludicrous on many levels.

Genuine question mate......do you think we need 5 top end players?.....sorry 2 questions,your number 3....if we got 5 top end players wtf would we do if 3 or 4 of them got injured?

jay_mcfc said:
SPIDERBOY said:
This fills me with a bit more hope....one report on TMW says the abuse was aimed mainly at messi and martino
Hopefully he's had enough and wants a change of scenery.

The Barcelona players were received with angry shouts and insults by some of the Culé faithful on the club's arrival at the Camp Nou. The painful defeat at the hands of their eternal rival after a terrible week proved to be too much, and the supporters gathered to greet their stars with shouts of "Mercenaries!"

The Barcelona players arrived at the airport to catch their flight back home with serious faces following their 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Cup final. Heads down and lips sealed, the players walked past the waiting Barça fans, who booed and insulted them as they went by.

Some proper mard arse, spoilt football fans around aren't they. Outrageous to boo or shout abuse at Messi.
I don't agree. Fans have every right to shout abuse at players if they feel they're not putting in the effort.

SPIDERBOY said:
Stoned Rose said:

Genuine question mate......do you think we need 5 top end players?.....sorry 2 questions,your number 3....if we got 5 top end players wtf would we do if 3 or 4 of them got injured?

I think we need 4. We clearly need a top end CB, a top end DM, a top end CAM, a top end Left sided AM. We then need better squad players than Rodwell, Richards, Lescott, Garcia, Sinclair and Dzeko. I'd rather sort that little lot out than buy one player.

The 2nd part of your question has to be wumming.

Anyone speak spanish?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/oferta-del-barca-messi-esta-lejos-que-jugador-quiere-3252733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/o ... re-3252733</a>

I thought the new contract was supposed to be signed after cdr final, but what's this new crap about? Google translate only tells me - he wants 400m and barca offers 200m?

Ugh I hope this prat signs his new contract soon. I hate it when he uses mcfc as leverage for his contract negotiation. Although maybe the club doesn't mind it as much as they did being linked with that bigger prat alves.

Also don't forget this prat injured kun D8< I hate him so much.

nowantads said:
Anyone speak spanish?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/oferta-del-barca-messi-esta-lejos-que-jugador-quiere-3252733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/o ... re-3252733</a>

I thought the new contract was supposed to be signed after cdr final, but what's this new crap about? Google translate only tells me - he wants 400m and barca offers 200m?

Ugh I hope this prat signs his new contract soon. I hate it when he uses mcfc as leverage for his contract negotiation. Although maybe the club doesn't mind it as much as they did being linked with that bigger prat alves.

Also don't forget this prat injured kun D8< I hate him so much.

just posturing on the deal with Messi's camp stating that with Asian investors in the top leagues now Messi is worth more money. Those numbers are astronomical though, they can't be right?

Stoned Rose said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Stoned Rose said:

I think we need 4. We clearly need a top end CB, a top end DM, a top end CAM, a top end Left sided AM. We then need better squad players than Rodwell, Richards, Lescott, Garcia, Sinclair and Dzeko. I'd rather sort that little lot out than buy one player.

The 2nd part of your question has to be wumming.
I don't WUM mate,the players you named,yes we could and should have better,personally think we need a CB,as you've said(think nasty will come good though)....need cover for zabba,IMO we are fine as an attacking unit in midfield....just think if the finishing was better we would of run away with the league WEEKS ago....from chances created,we ain't put enough away.....messi alongside aguero and negredo/jovetic would put that right IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.