Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
citytill1die84 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Does anybody know if Barcelona's ban on buying players stops them bringing in new players as part of a part exchange deal?
What I'm wondering is could we offer them say £100m plus 2 players? If that is allowed it might be in Barcelona's best interest
to sell as a way of getting around the transfer ban.

And what 2 players would that be?

Not Silva or Aguero!
Seriously they need a goalkeeper given Valdes injury & contract situation so Hart would be one.
We can buy an adequate replacement, they can't.
The other ... if needs be I'd sacrifice Kompany. They've been sniffing around him for a while and
although hard to replace imo it would be worth it to get Messi.
It's just a thought and for all I know might not be allowed but I thought I'd ask the question.

malg said:
jay_mcfc said:
SPIDERBOY said:
This fills me with a bit more hope....one report on TMW says the abuse was aimed mainly at messi and martino
Hopefully he's had enough and wants a change of scenery.

The Barcelona players were received with angry shouts and insults by some of the Culé faithful on the club's arrival at the Camp Nou. The painful defeat at the hands of their eternal rival after a terrible week proved to be too much, and the supporters gathered to greet their stars with shouts of "Mercenaries!"

The Barcelona players arrived at the airport to catch their flight back home with serious faces following their 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Cup final. Heads down and lips sealed, the players walked past the waiting Barça fans, who booed and insulted them as they went by.

Some proper mard arse, spoilt football fans around aren't they. Outrageous to boo or shout abuse at Messi.
I don't agree. Fans have every right to shout abuse at players if they feel they're not putting in the effort.

Or another word for a fan is a supporter. Guess what they're meant to do?<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm --<br /><br />
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Does anybody know if Barcelona's ban on buying players stops them bringing in new players as part of a part exchange deal?
What I'm wondering is could we offer them say £100m plus 2 players? If that is allowed it might be in Barcelona's best interest

Not Silva or Aguero!
Seriously they need a goalkeeper given Valdes injury & contract situation so Hart would be one.
The other ... if needs be I'd sacrifice Kompany. They've been sniffing around him for a while and
It's just a thought and for all I know might not be allowed but I thought I'd ask the question.

Some people have no sense of loyalty and showing gratitude for loyalty

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Not Silva or Aguero!

Jesus..

If you want loyalty buy a dog.
Kompany was very close to signing for them last Summer. If Mancini had stayed he would have done.
The days of Mike Doyle are long gone. Players look after number one and so do the clubs.
We showed Gareth Barry a lot of gratitude in the last year of his contract, didn't we?

So.....................................
Is this the galactico that we still have never signed.
In everything the club have done..Infastructure,reducing losses,stadium expansion etc we still have never signed a galactico. Ok Sergio is as close as we have ever got but could we,genuinely sign this guy.
I honestly honestly believe if we signed Messi we would become even more attractive to potential signings.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Kompany was very close to signing for them last Summer. If Mancini had stayed he would have done.
The days of Mike Doyle are long gone. Players look after number one and so do the clubs.
We showed Gareth Barry a lot of gratitude in the last year of his contract, didn't we?
Barry was on a large wage and didn't fit the system that was being implemented - 2 mobile central midfielders that allow us to play 4-4-2 effectively.

Re: Kompany, your talking shit. The papers linked him to Barca and it's very likely Barca were interested but you have no grounds to say he was close to signing for them.

It's apparent he loves this club in his interviews and enjoys captaining the team - has also settled down with a manc girl so there's nothing to suggest he would want to move. Here's some direct quotes from Kompany on the matter to prove you've based your statement on nothing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-stay-Manchester-City--forget-Barcelona.html

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
They can buy anyone they chose, they just aren't allowed to register them to play in any competitions. So they could get ter Stegen and Halilovic for example, and then loan them out until the embargo is finished.

So a swap wouldn't really be beneficial to them.

CitizenTID said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Barry was on a large wage and didn't fit the system that was being implemented - 2 mobile central midfielders that allow us to play 4-4-2 effectively.

Re: Kompany, your talking shit. The papers linked him to Barca and it's very likely Barca were interested but you have no grounds to say he was close to signing for them.

It's apparent he loves this club in his interviews and enjoys captaining the team - has also settled down with a manc girl so there's nothing to suggest he would want to move. Here's some direct quotes from Kompany on the matter to prove you've based your statement on nothing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-stay-Manchester-City--forget-Barcelona.html

Re Barry: so it's okay to not show gratitude if it doesn't suit the club but we will do if it does?
Interesting double standards you are applying there.

Re Kompany: The club were already deep in discussions with Pellegrini by the time of that interview. Mancini's position was known
before then within the club. Kompany's contract with Barcelona had been discussed and agreed in principle
earlier in the year and he would have been signed in the Summer if Mancini had stayed. Why do you think there was so
much press speculation on the subject? As for the interview I mean seriously what did you expect him to say?
I won't reveal my sources but I know that they are reliable. Choose to believe me or not that's your choice.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 pm --<br /><br />
kun said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
They can buy anyone they chose, they just aren't allowed to register them to play in any competitions. So they could get ter Stegen and Halilovic for example, and then loan them out until the embargo is finished.

Cheers mate.
So all the "discussion" above is irrelevant!
LOL.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
CitizenTID said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Re Barry: so it's okay to not show gratitude if it doesn't suit the club but we will do if it does?

Re Kompany: The club were already deep in discussions with Pellegrini by the time of that interview. Mancini's position was known
before then within the club. Kompany's contract with Barcelona had been discussed and agreed in principle
earlier in the year and he would have been signed in the Summer if Mancini had stayed. Why do you think there was so
much press speculation on the subject? As for the interview I mean seriously what did you expect him to say?
I won't reveal my sources but I know that they are reliable. Choose to believe me or not that's your choice.

-- Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 pm --

kun said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Cheers mate.
So all the "discussion" above is irrelevant!
LOL.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding your source, if Kompany felt he couldn't play under Mancini anymore then why is it disloyal if he wanted to leave? The fact a change in manager made him stay proves he never wanted to leave but may have felt he had to.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
CitizenTID said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

I won't reveal my sources but I know that they are reliable. Choose to believe me or not that's your choice.

I'll choose not to because people with no sense of loyalty aren't trustworthy people.

Also with Barry I was pointing out the obvious reasons he was loaned out, wages being the key reason however again, you don't know the situation of what he has been or may still be offered i.e NYCFC and no indication of his own personal interests

The difference between Barry and Kompany is that Barry is coming towards the end of his career at the top level, Kompany is still a massive benefit to the team. There was good reason for Barry to leave (I'm sure if he'd accepted a wage cut he'd still be here), there isn't currently a reason to sell Kompany. That is the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.