Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
A valid point. I think the manager was the key to all this. I think he is actually quite happy at the club and would have been
reluctant to leave not least because his wife is local. I guess it all depends on how you look at loyalty / disloyalty. I was
accused of having "no sense of loyalty and not showing gratitude for loyalty" by another poster for suggested Kompany
might be allowed to leave. Personally I don't feel we should be grateful for his loyalty when he was considering
leaving, even though the club wanted him to stay and he would have left if things hadn't turned out differently. By the
way I wouldn't have necessarily blamed him if his relationship with Mancini was that poor. Calling him disloyal is
probably too strong but he can't be considered to be totally loyal either and we certainly don't owe him anything.

There are very few sportsmen and sportswomen that are loyal.....money talks,and like me and you....you look after and do what is best for you and your family.

I agree, the like of Gerrard, Scholes etc etc.. grew up supporting the clubs they played for so it was obvious that loyalty played a huge part in them being one club men, but I also think you have to take into consideration that those two players played for two of the biggest clubs in English footaball and were always around the top 6 in the Premier League so they were always going to be handsomely paid, had Liverpool or United demised into bottom tier clubs or relegated I reckon the loyalty of Gerrard, Scholes etc.. would have been tested.

Messi grew up suporting Newells Old Boys I think but Barcelona were the club who would pay for his growth injections which allowed to become a professional footballer, without Barcelona I reckon we would not be watching Lionel Messi today as a footballer so his loyalty for Barcelona is evident in the fact that the club made him the man he is today.

It's whether Messi want's a new challenge in my opinion.

Sorry fella but Scholes was/is an Oldham fan.

As for Messi, if he came now, we'd get some fantastic years out of him, but I would rate our chances of pulling this off at about 10%, it just doesn't seem feasible, please prove me wrong though City !

sam-caddick said:
Messi grew up suporting Newells Old Boys I think but Barcelona were the club who would pay for his growth injections which allowed to become a professional footballer, without Barcelona I reckon we would not be watching Lionel Messi today as a footballer so his loyalty for Barcelona is evident in the fact that the club made him the man he is today.

I agree.
I think Messi is a special case in terms of his loyalty to a foreign club because of the growth injections that Barcelona paid for.
I feel though that this sentimental attachment has not been totally reciprocated by the club since they signed Neymar
and Messi is feeling a little bit hurt and pushed out. The fact that Aguero plays for us and we have so many "old Barcelona"
people at the club may well make him think that in a sense he needs to leave them to come home to us.

sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
A valid point. I think the manager was the key to all this. I think he is actually quite happy at the club and would have been
reluctant to leave not least because his wife is local. I guess it all depends on how you look at loyalty / disloyalty. I was
accused of having "no sense of loyalty and not showing gratitude for loyalty" by another poster for suggested Kompany
might be allowed to leave. Personally I don't feel we should be grateful for his loyalty when he was considering
leaving, even though the club wanted him to stay and he would have left if things hadn't turned out differently. By the
way I wouldn't have necessarily blamed him if his relationship with Mancini was that poor. Calling him disloyal is
probably too strong but he can't be considered to be totally loyal either and we certainly don't owe him anything.

There are very few sportsmen and sportswomen that are loyal.....money talks,and like me and you....you look after and do what is best for you and your family.

I agree, the like of Gerrard, Scholes etc etc.. grew up supporting the clubs they played for so it was obvious that loyalty played a huge part in them being one club men, but I also think you have to take into consideration that those two players played for two of the biggest clubs in English footaball and were always around the top 6 in the Premier League so they were always going to be handsomely paid, had Liverpool or United demised into bottom tier clubs or relegated I reckon the loyalty of Gerrard, Scholes etc.. would have been tested.

I heard that Gerrard, McManaman, Fowler, Carragher, Rush and Owen were all Everton fans. It is discussed quite a lot about how Everton's youth system has failed to grab the talent over the years.

Does anyone think that Bert Trautman grew up in Breman dreaming of playing for City? Or that the Geordie nephew of Jackie Milburn Bobby ticket Tout grew up with the sole ambition of playing for the vermin? Of course not, footballers play for the club who pays them and, hopefully, some of them develop a love of that club during their time there (such as the two aforementioned) . Messi may very well have a deep affection for Barcelona, but if they don't offer him a good enough deal he will leave, and if he leaves he will do his best for whichever club signs him. I doubt he'll go anywhere but if he does every 'big' club in Europe will break the bank to sign him.

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 15m
Manchester City are said to be working on a remarkable £250m deal to sign Lionel Messi from Barcelona this summer. (Source: MEN)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lionel-messi-transfer-manchester-city-3431138

Manchester City linked with £250million Lionel Messi bid as Barcelona contract talks stall

The four-time Ballon d'Or winner has come under fire for the Catalan giants recent failings and is now being linked with a shock move from Camp Nou

Manchester City are keeping tabs on Lionel Messi's contract negotiations ahead of a possible world record £250million summer move.

According to Catalan sports channel Esport3, the Argentina star is growing disillusioned with life at Barcelona, believing that the club no longer see him as an indispensable asset.

They've suggested that the four-time Ballon D'or winner has been made aware that certain board members reckon his on-field powers are waning, and that now could be the perfect time to cash in on the La Masia graduate, whose buy-out clause stands at a cool £205million.

The 26-year-old, who in an injury-hit season has still managed 38 goals in 41 appearances for his club, has come in for hefty criticism in the last fortnight as Barcelona's season has imploded.

Tata Martino's side were dumped out of the Champions League by Atletico Madrid 11 days ago, while they also lost ground in their La Liga title defence with a 1-0 defeat at relegation-threatened Granada last weekend.

Gareth Bale then handed them a Copa del Rey final loss to their most bitter rivals on Wednesday, meaning Barca are on a run of three successive defeats for the first time in over a decade.

Messi's contract with the Blaugrana runs until 2018, but there have been talks over a new deal.

However, those talks have stalled, with the club unwilling to offer Messi improved terms, while the player is said to be unhappy with what he perceives as a lack of belief from the Barcelona hierarchy.

And now the likes of City, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and arch-rivals Real Madrid are all reportedly monitoring the situation, with an eye on taking advantage this summer.

That quartet are the only clubs in Europe who could reasonably lure the Argentina captain, and afford to pay his £20million-a-year wages.

Things are getting very very heated between Barca and Messi's camp. It's hard to tell who's playing who, but there's a definitely sense that both parties seem unwilling to reach a compromise on the contract situation. I can only assume that's because Messi Sr is aware of what his son can earn by moving elsewhere.

Going to be a long hot summer if this isn't resolved by the time he goes to the world cup.

BillyShears said:
Things are getting very very heated between Barca and Messi's camp. It's hard to tell who's playing who, but there's a definitely sense that both parties seem unwilling to reach a compromise on the contract situation. I can only assume that's because Messi Sr is aware of what his son can earn by moving elsewhere.

Going to be a long hot summer if this isn't resolved by the time he goes to the world cup.
And this forum will need a new server to cope with the hysteria. This should be fun, the isco thread will seem like nothing. Anyway, whatever the cost just get him signed up.

1002535_10152368868755763_3707587117318857349_n.jpg

Messi is not for sell ,barca wants to renew his contract before the world cup

come on guys, he's just using city, psg, even real madrid to get better contract. it's getting tiresome after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.