Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he's confident in his legal position, he is a free agent. Does not add up.
The quoted clause is in relation to the €700m compensation.

The separate clause regarding him leaving for free within 10 days of the season ending is being contested by Barcelona as they think COVID hasn’t extended this clause.

So my interpretation is that the truth is in the middle (as long as no one goes the Court route);

- No €700m clause
- 1 year left on contract, as he missed the original deadline to walk for free (disputed by Messi, a court would likely find in Messi’s favour due to COVID).

Moving forward the only way out is;

- Messi goes to court to prove he can leave for free, failing that he buys out his contract or a judge sets his value, takes time/money/impacts on his legacy.
- Barcelona stop being cunts and say to City ‘give us £70m plus Eric Garcia and we’ll get this done and signed of amicably, quickly and without court’.

Yep, one spanish twitter says something & they all follow like sheep. I've never seen anything like it.

To be fair you see something like it on everything on twitter. Social media has absolutely destroyed humanity the history books on this are going to be so sad

my worry is that it is simply out of his hands
if
Maybe La Liga are correct when they say he’s not taking the contract wording literally enough. Messi’s camp wanting to twist it into being “end of the season” when in reality it might specify a date. Only speculating, but
I guess you don't have much familiarity with how corrupt the court system is in Spain
Would go through Fifa and Spanish courts then ultimately CAS I believe. Does not make sense.

This is like when Dani Alves was in Paris and people on here calling those who accepted it was over flappers. Seems highly likely he’s Imminently going to say he’s staying and the statement today was a PR stunt. He clearly wanted to leave but looks inevitable he stays.

Just because Messi’s legal team looked at it doesn’t mean they are right. That’s why people go to court.

A couple of sentences from La Liga isn't a good enough argument to suddenly think your interpretation is wrong and do a full u turn imo. Messi will have known all this well in advanced he knows Barca and La Liga don't want to lose him and will try stop him, judging from his actions so far of no PCR no training and that burofax he is up for the fight.

Even if he says he is staying it still means he will leave in a year on a free, they would still be wise to look at offers for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.