Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid Lowe spoke about whether the resignation would mean much on the Football Weekly pod today and he said:

• Sure, does make Messi staying more likely

• However, Messi probably "deep down" knew this was coming anyway "sooner or later"

• Pique said recently he sent Messi a text over the summer (before he asked to leave) to remind it was coming and Messi still asked to leave, so clearly that wasn't enough
Which means to me that it may not mean as much as some are thinking as Barca still have financial problems that are not resolved.

Maybe if they show him they can be a CL contender next season (Some players improve, they sell Dembele and use the money for Haaland).

A lot can happen. Who knows?

True, who knows but a couple of things.

• Sid has zero pulse on what happens at Barca, he's Madrid based and his writing about the Catalan club has earned him the nickname of the grim reaper - it's predominantly negative or gloom/doom
  • Deep down, no way Messi could've predicted Bartomeu would resign much less succumb to a censure vote - there have been 3 others in the club's history and never did it result in the President being ousted. The odds were heavily against it, especially during a pandemic
  • He was visibly unhappy since his interview but I do not see a similar affect from him now - there's a bounce & vigor to his game. Does not mean he stays but does suggest it's a dynamic situation
I think it's still too early to judge and what happens by January when elections are over will likely decide things

What this boils down to is Love vs Money.

hear me out so Messi loves Barca. wanted to leave due to the president and board they had. Hes not coming to play for us for Love is he? hes going to join as a new challenge and the ability to challenge for trophies. but not just that if he stays at Barca he gets to live in Barcelona for the rest of his playing time but what after that? where as its all been mapped out for him if he joins City, hes not just joining City hes joining the CFG (City Football Group) so that what 3 years at City in the prem. Then 2 years in the MLS as the face of the MLS which he will presented as, then maybe a few years with his childhood team and after he retires iv seen from journalists and what Tolmie says hes been offered a stake in the CFG in our South American Branch and alot alot of money comes with that. theres been alot of south american players even the best of the best have money troubles after leaving the sport. So this is perfect for him and his family.

He dosent have to worry about what happens after he retires. its all there for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.