Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His option seem quite simple:

1. Stay at Barca - then go to MLS
2. Move to PSG
3. Move to City and then to the MLS with New York City
4. Move straight to MLS from Barca

No. 4 seems highly unlikely - he still has a lot to offer on the pitch at the highest level for a few years so I reckon this could be ruled out straight away

No. 2(Move to PSG) - he could do that to play with Neymar again but is that league a challenge for him? Its a bit of a one horse race every year and he does mention (I think) that the finances for that might not be possible.

I think therefore its a straight choice between 1 and 2 (stay at Barca or move to city) - I cant see any other team being able to put a financial package together including the move to the MLS like us. Of course if he could easily decide to finish it all at Barca if he is happy with the presidential results but he also seems to hint at the fact that its going to take more than that (Ie rebuilding the team and being able to challenge)...of course he loves the city/life there - why wouldnt he, he has spent most of his adult life there as has his kids but we know that he was willing to move past all of this to move in the summer as as he says, the cycle for him he felt had ended. There are also his relationship with Txixi, Sorriano and of course Pep which he has also recently alluded to.....so if he is to leave again I think this gives us the edge over PSG.

Therefore its 1 or 3 for me.

Lots of vague statements allowing everyone to read into it what they want to happen. It was ever thus. As he says, we'll know in June.

Got it!

Remember the Isco thread?

“Let’s all have a Disco, Messi, Haaland, Isco!”

We can get all 3 this Summer.

Strange the BBC lead about Messi wanting to play in US they haven’t linked CFG NYC links with us, bet they are fuckin choking on the possibilities our global brand can facilitate, so much so they sacrifice headlines... sad twats
I don’t think the CFG link to NYC is really all that significant in convincing Messi to move to us.

Messi won’t exactly have to go on trial to win a contract with any of the MLS teams. He could pick whoever he wants to play for so long as they pay him what he wants.

If he comes here it’s because he wants to play in England, he wants to play in a team that can win the Champions League, he wants to play under Guardiola and we can pay him accordingly.

Our link to NYC is just a bit of garnish that we’ll talk up to justify the CFG thing but for me it won’t move the needle on whether he signs for us or not.

I don’t think the CFG link to NYC is really all that significant in convincing Messi to move to us.

Messi won’t exactly have to go on trial to win a contract with any of the MLS teams. He could pick whoever he wants to play for so long as they pay him what he wants.

If he comes here it’s because he wants to play in England, he wants to play in a team that can win the Champions League, he wants to play under Guardiola and we can pay him accordingly.

Our link to NYC is just a bit of garnish that we’ll talk up to justify the CFG thing but for me it won’t move the needle on whether he signs for us or not.
Know all that think you missed my point regarding the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.