Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my opinion but he isn’t coming and I’m not the only fan who is sick of the constant conjecture. Let’s get on with rebuilding the squad (to say nothing about winning something this season) and stop allowing ourselves to be dragged in to the circus.
I agree but what you need to understand is the winning is only part of the CFG whereas making money is at the front of the queue
Messi whether you like it or not is a money making machine & that's why he will come either as a City player or NYC player who could then come on.loan to City in the Winter

I agree but what you need to understand is the winning is only part of the CFG whereas making money is at the front of the queue
Messi whether you like it or not is a money making machine & that's why he will come either as a City player or NYC player who could then come on.loan to City in the Winter

I think I understand the rationale. My point was more that this has been going on for some time now. As others have pointed out, it is a needless distraction.

I think I understand the rationale. My point was more that this has been going on for some time now. As others have pointed out, it is a needless distraction.
For us fans maybe definitely not the players, nothing wrong with the forum going mental

Let's not forget City have not once come to the party & publicly said we want Messi?

Like most on here & the stuff we read Messi is linked to City because of Pep so maybe the pantomime stuff is down to us & not City or Messi
It would have been nice to here the words I'm off but I guess he doesnt owe anyone appart from his family what his intentions are on July 1st?

Not much was given away in the interview but I did pick up on a couple of things that does make me think he will leave
1. Hes fed up & knows he would have won in court but didn't want to tarnish his Barca reputation
2. He knows Barca.needs 1 he'll of a makeover & he doesnt have that time to hang around waiting for it to be fixed
3. He loves Pep & definitely has spoken about City, whether Pep has sold it to him + 1 major reason he has signed a new 2 year deal with City?
4. Messi without doubt wants a couple of years in US football & we know CFG can offer him that

On the City side of things have we already sorted the move behind closed doors in the Summer to allow Messi to finish the right & honest way or maybe make Barcalona sell him saving best part of £50m?
Also do City want to conclude KDB & Sterling contracts before they go & throw £mmmm at Messi & causing a huge in house problem

So for now Messi puts a few things to bed allowing everything to be done behind closed doors, deals like this dont get done in the month of July they are put to bed way before just like the slime ball Milner had done 12 months before
I get it like you say its a problem City dont need but with covid right now Lionel Messi is 2nd intrest & if we don't win the league this year it won't be because of Messi signing or not signing

Im not so sure....with our link itcould mean that any contract he signs is for CFG and not just Mancity.....threfore he cold dictate a lonter contract with say for instance 3 years with us and then 3 years with NYC (or whatever length of contract he desires and split it how he wants)....I would have thought this is definitely a positive for all concerned as it means he doesnt have to negotiate a new contract with new image rights etc when he does move.
I think it helps a bit but for the best player for a generation it’s not a game changer for me. If he comes I can see us making a thing of it because thus far the whole CFG thing hasn’t really been a big game changer. Messi being an advocate for it would certainly help to sell it through PR channels to the media and to sponsors.

But if Messi wants to go to the MLS his father and a truck load of lawyers sort all the haggling out and then just say something like, “do you want to live in New York, Miami or LA”, and he’ll decide.

If he comes to us it’s because he wants to play in England, for a team that can win at home and in the Chumps League, for a team that is managed by a guy he trusts and that will pay him and those around him what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.