Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you say but it's comes to the stage where both parties are happy for him to leave.

He can no longer warrant his crazy wages, he is not the magnet for sponsors he once was.

But he could leave for a couple of years with us and then on to the MLS and New York, where he would rip up the league and make a fortune, before returning to Barca in some non playing capacity.

I can see the angles where that all makes sense but he has been in Barcelona for the majority of his life so any move away would be a huge change in lifestyle

so then his statement about it being a sporting decision was a lie and he would look foolish? Who ever comes in has a mountain of debt to inherit and a shit squad? No fans imminent in the camp nou which means revenue will still be nowhere near enough for them?

He has a lot of football left in him and surely any incoming President would want to retain him?

For us fans maybe definitely not the players, nothing wrong with the forum going mental

Let's not forget City have not once come to the party & publicly said we want Messi?

Like most on here & the stuff we read Messi is linked to City because of Pep so maybe the pantomime stuff is down to us & not City or Messi
It would have been nice to here the words I'm off but I guess he doesnt owe anyone appart from his family what his intentions are on July 1st?

Not much was given away in the interview but I did pick up on a couple of things that does make me think he will leave
1. Hes fed up & knows he would have won in court but didn't want to tarnish his Barca reputation
2. He knows Barca.needs 1 he'll of a makeover & he doesnt have that time to hang around waiting for it to be fixed
3. He loves Pep & definitely has spoken about City, whether Pep has sold it to him + 1 major reason he has signed a new 2 year deal with City?
4. Messi without doubt wants a couple of years in US football & we know CFG can offer him that

On the City side of things have we already sorted the move behind closed doors in the Summer to allow Messi to finish the right & honest way or maybe make Barcalona sell him saving best part of £50m?
Also do City want to conclude KDB & Sterling contracts before they go & throw £mmmm at Messi & causing a huge in house problem

So for now Messi puts a few things to bed allowing everything to be done behind closed doors, deals like this dont get done in the month of July they are put to bed way before just like the slime ball Milner had done 12 months before
I get it like you say its a problem City dont need but with covid right now Lionel Messi is 2nd intrest & if we don't win the league this year it won't be because of Messi signing or not signing

I don’t agree having seen too many senior managers distracted by the ‘big deal’ who then let the bread and butter stuff slide. Many thanks though for taking the time to reply. Without different opinions, there is no point in having a forum.

He can no longer warrant his crazy wages, he is not the magnet for sponsors he once was.

[Citation Needed]

Messi has never been a bigger draw with sponsors. If you think his draw with sponsors goes down because his performances are slightly down and he's older, I don't think you understand how name recognition works. He has never been more famous, and known by more people than now. Performance has nothing to do with sponsorship income, Tiger Woods was earning $100m a year from sponsors when he was not even playing golf and then returned awful in 2009/10/11.

Going to the PL or to America will only increase his appeal because it'll increase the number of people seeing him every week, and in the case of America, open up the only market he wouldn't have 100% household name status in.

Last edited:
He has a lot of football left in him and surely any incoming President would want to retain him?

Depends how bad their finances are.... I think Barca maybe looking at insolvency so some very major cuts are going to be needed. Keeping Messi may not be a realistic option. Missing out on Chumps league could happen if they don’t renew the squad Over the next couple of years.

[Citation Needed]

Messi has never been a bigger draw with sponsors. If you think his draw with sponsors goes down because his performances are slightly down and he's older, I don't think you understand how name recognition works. He has never been more famous, and known by more people than now. Performance has nothing to do with sponsorship income, Tiger Woods was earning $100m a year from sponsors when he was not even playing golf and then returned awful in 2009/10/11.

Going to the PL or to America will only increase his appeal because it'll increase the number of people seeing him every week, and in the case of America, open up the only market he wouldn't have 100% household name status in.
Going to America will be a gold mine for......Messi, MCFC will not become richer because of Messi

There are reports Team Messi have been house hunting in Miami with a target of playing for Inter Miami with Suarez (earliest in 2022)

Miami is the Mecca of Latin and South America which would make it a logical MLS destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.