Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
If he did come available city would be first in the queue and would secure his services no doubt I don't think they would have gone ahead with the expansion if they didn't think a really bigvname was coming in it could be him or bale if they become available ffp won't get in road can you really see uefa banning messi from playing in the champs league I think not!

The marketing, sponsors, and merchandise Messi brings to a club would see him not affect FFP in my opinion.
The deals have been talked through, signed off and the sums add up. My understanding is that the package was agreed with Messi's advisors over 18 months ago and Barca have been doing everything to stop it happening. It was meant to happen after the World Cup but obviously FFP sanctions killed any hope of that. Everything is in place but anything can happen with a deal like this.

Prestwich_Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
If he did come available city would be first in the queue and would secure his services no doubt I don't think they would have gone ahead with the expansion if they didn't think a really bigvname was coming in it could be him or bale if they become available ffp won't get in road can you really see uefa banning messi from playing in the champs league I think not!

The marketing, sponsors, and merchandise Messi brings to a club would see him not affect FFP in my opinion.
The deals have been talked through, signed off and the sums add up. My understanding is that the package was agreed with Messi's advisors over 18 months ago and Barca have been doing everything to stop it happening. It was meant to happen after the World Cup but obviously FFP sanctions killed any hope of that. Everything is in place but anything can happen with a deal like this.

I'm not doubting you, but where do you hear news like this?

Can you imagine the reaction if we signed him? Expect comments like he's past it, mercenary, no english players. I don't think he will ever leave barca.

Prestwich_Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

I recall that Messi signed his current contract the day we received our FFP punishment.

I'm not doubting that we have tested the water and he may end up at New York City in the future but I am not convinced he is ready to quit Barcelona yet.

This move is just perfect, so beautiful and simple yet a nightmare for defenders. I want to see him doing this in a City shirt.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KKkmWUnnY[/video]

And here's me contemplating giving my ticket up next year after 32 years!

Not if Lionel's coming...not on your nelly!

Kids can go without shoes...I don't care!

(I'm such a plastic)

Don't know how accurate these figures are.......from marca..

Messi's recent statement in which he hinted at the possibility of him leaving the club has set off alarm bells at 'Can Barça'.

However, what he wants is one thing, and the realities of football are another.

Prising the Argentine away from Barcelona would be no easy feat, especially after he signed a new deal with the club this summer worth a cool 20m euros per season after tax. Any deal to sign the striker would depend on a number of factors, but would in any case cost upwards of 400m euros.

A deal would first have to be agreed with Barcelona, something unlikely given that the president who sold him would go down in club history, possibly for all the wrong reasons. A transfer fee could be agreed at around 150m euros, plus the player's salary. Leo costs 50m euros per season before tax, a total of 250m euros over five seasons. That's if Leo agrees to a change of scenery without a pay rise.

Very few clubs could offer that kind of money; in fact, only two.

Manchester City: It was never really on the cards and even less so now the Argentine has signed a new deal. Soriano isn't going to break the bank.

PSG: They are not short of money. Their problem would be not breaching FIFA Fair Play Regulations, especially after their problem over the summer.

Would we? Could we? Will we?........at them figures?

Marca also ran a poll, 63.5% of the fans that took part(if they was barca fans) think he wants out.

SPIDERBOY said:
Don't know how accurate these figures are.......from marca..

Messi's recent statement in which he hinted at the possibility of him leaving the club has set off alarm bells at 'Can Barça'.

However, what he wants is one thing, and the realities of football are another.

Prising the Argentine away from Barcelona would be no easy feat, especially after he signed a new deal with the club this summer worth a cool 20m euros per season after tax. Any deal to sign the striker would depend on a number of factors, but would in any case cost upwards of 400m euros.

A deal would first have to be agreed with Barcelona, something unlikely given that the president who sold him would go down in club history, possibly for all the wrong reasons. A transfer fee could be agreed at around 150m euros, plus the player's salary. Leo costs 50m euros per season before tax, a total of 250m euros over five seasons. That's if Leo agrees to a change of scenery without a pay rise.

Very few clubs could offer that kind of money; in fact, only two.

Manchester City: It was never really on the cards and even less so now the Argentine has signed a new deal. Soriano isn't going to break the bank.

PSG: They are not short of money. Their problem would be not breaching FIFA Fair Play Regulations, especially after their problem over the summer.

Would we? Could we? Will we?........at them figures?

Marca also ran a poll, 63.5% of the fans that took part(if they was barca fans) think he wants out.

Marca is essentially Real Madrid's mouthpiece, interesting anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.