Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
without a dream said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Don't know how accurate these figures are.......from marca..

Messi's recent statement in which he hinted at the possibility of him leaving the club has set off alarm bells at 'Can Barça'.

However, what he wants is one thing, and the realities of football are another.

Prising the Argentine away from Barcelona would be no easy feat, especially after he signed a new deal with the club this summer worth a cool 20m euros per season after tax. Any deal to sign the striker would depend on a number of factors, but would in any case cost upwards of 400m euros.

A deal would first have to be agreed with Barcelona, something unlikely given that the president who sold him would go down in club history, possibly for all the wrong reasons. A transfer fee could be agreed at around 150m euros, plus the player's salary. Leo costs 50m euros per season before tax, a total of 250m euros over five seasons. That's if Leo agrees to a change of scenery without a pay rise.

Very few clubs could offer that kind of money; in fact, only two.

Manchester City: It was never really on the cards and even less so now the Argentine has signed a new deal. Soriano isn't going to break the bank.

PSG: They are not short of money. Their problem would be not breaching FIFA Fair Play Regulations, especially after their problem over the summer.

Would we? Could we? Will we?........at them figures?

Marca also ran a poll, 63.5% of the fans that took part(if they was barca fans) think he wants out.

Marca is essentially Real Madrid's mouthpiece, interesting anyway though.
so messi would cost us £45m a season ,

1 get messi to sell kisses out side the ground at 50p a time
2 get messi doing oddjobs and stuff I reckon £10 an hour

I wonder if their is a position in the marketing dept. at city

Bobbins said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Oh, of little faith... I stand by everything I have said previously. His next stop is City.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0A7jAVDPJU[/video]

I wasn't going to post this at risk of being pilloried but here goes. A mate of mine was coming home on the train from the QPR game and Mike Summerbee was sat there with a bloke with his head in a lap top, The lad asks Mike straight off the bat Is Messi coming or is it all bullshit ? The guy with his head in his lap top sits up and said he is coming !! The guy apparently was Txiki !! The guy who told me this is a life long Blue and a good mate so there is no way he would wum me on this but to be fair i wouldn't be putting my house on it.

One part of that statement is untrue Txiki went to Barcelona after the QPR game from London.

Can see lots of reasons why it wouldn't happen and reasons why it could. The thing that I keep thinking though is Sergio is close to him and has said in the past he would love to play with him, along with what Messi has said in the last few weeks, Sergio has also said about seeing out at least 4 years with us and winning the C/L with us . I just wonder if he knows something. Maybe wishful thinking ?

Not going to enjoy the months of will he won't he. Just going to make a few points of what I think how we can manage this deal and the effects of the rest of the squad and our dealings next summer.

1. The Cost Of Messi
Looking at 150M Euros as a fee and then the £300,000 a week wages. Shirt Sales would be massive looking at £15-£20M imo so it's down to 130M Euro. I would expect an increase of £50M in sponsorships from different outlets brings the fee Down to 80M Euro. Our increasing revenue I feel will go towards improving the squad because of the realisation we can't afford not to improve each year. The wages.....£300,000 a week is the same as fatty from Trafford so there's no argument In this day of football his worth it. With Yaya expected to leave and our expiring contracts would cover this at no extra cost.

2. Our other dealings summer 2015
We need a CB if Demichellis leaves or Promote Denayer. A Left Back , a Yaya replacment and a wide man.
CB - No more than 10 Million
LB - Rodriguez 20 Million
Wide Man- Reus 25 Million
Yaya Replacement- Barkley 35 Million
Messi 150 Million.
Total 240 Million.

Outgoings
Clichy 8M
Demichellis Free
Jovetic 15M
Yaya 15M
Navas 10M
Negredo 25 Million
Richards 5 Million
80M Leaving the net spend at 160M

Would Messi Come?
I think we're the most realistic destination for him duo to the connections he has within the club and the will power of City of a massive signing like Kaka would of been.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Mangala
Rodriguez
Fernando
Barkley
Reus
Messi
Silva
Aguero

Would take some beating

tolmie's hairdoo said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU[/video]

Wow for a thread that could be incredibly exciting as it relates to the best player in the world, the presence of Enrique Iglesias is the biggest buzz kill since Buzz Killington, even with Jennifer Love Hewitt

Part of an article in "el confidencial"....

The Argentine star is fed up with the Spanish justice. "There are athletes who are in the same situation who have had tax disputes and have solved all through administrative channels. For example, Iker Casillas and Xabi Alonso . Even Rafa Nadal himself. But Messi is the only one who, despite having similar problems, also has opened a criminal procedure that can land you in jail. "Sick of Spain and so he wants to go," explained The Confidential sources close to Barca player .

tolmie's hairdoo said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU[/video]

Tolm - potentially giving your knockers a massive opportunity here.

Hope you are right - he helps to move us to the next level but I think we'll need more than just Messi.

Would defo help to sell the xtra 6000 seats, thats the main reason it makes some sense to me, at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.