Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels all be a bit of a pantomime.

Barcelona, or rather Laporta, can claim they wanted and tried to sign messi and he really wanted to stay, but the financial mess by bartomeu meant they had to move forward as a club.

Interestingly, nothing at all from the messi camp. The only thing this morning is a claim by Goal (who messi gave that exclusive interview to btw) that they understand Messi is 'calm and focused on the tournament and not on his contract situation'.
I think you’re right. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last summer Messi erupted after an 8-2 annihilation in the CL, put in a transfer request and said he wanted to join City and work again with Pep. Barcelona and La Liga threatened to take him to court and coerced him into staying. But to some on here this was not evidence of a breakdown between Messi and Barcelona but a powerplay by Messi to get a change of board at the club and his loyalty was still rock solid. The elections came and went and in came Laporta, the answer to an Argentine's prayer. But no contract extension ensued and it became clear that not only did Laporta have any idea how to deal with Barcelona's increasingly pressing "financials" but he had little ,if any, real influence over Messi. Over six months, endless talk and no action. And now, this morning we have woken up to the impossible, the inconceivable - Messi has not signed a new contract and when he promised to say and do nothing until his season is over he meant it. But Barca are "comfortable" because all they have to sort out are "the financials" for him to stay! Until then he has left the club! No problem, nothing to worry about!

I admit freely I know nothing about Messi's future or intentions. But I bet Laporta and his colleagues are most certainly not sitting comfortably this morning and have little idea of Messi's intentions. And I certainly wouldn't be so smugly self-satisfied as to offer counselling to fellow blues who believe/hope tha Messi MIGHT just come to City. We all know nowt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.