Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer Messi erupted after an 8-2 annihilation in the CL, put in a transfer request and said he wanted to join City and work again with Pep. Barcelona and La Liga threatened to take him to court and coerced him into staying. But to some on here this was not evidence of a breakdown between Messi and Barcelona but a powerplay by Messi to get a change of board at the club and his loyalty was still rock solid. The elections came and went and in came Laporta, the answer to an Argentine's prayer. But no contract extension ensued and it became clear that not only did Laporta have any idea how to deal with Barcelona's increasingly pressing "financials" but he had little ,if any, real influence over Messi. Over six months, endless talk and no action. And now, this morning we have woken up to the impossible, the inconceivable - Messi has not signed a new contract and when he promised to say and do nothing until his season is over he meant it. But Barca are "comfortable" because all they have to sort out are "the financials" for him to stay! Until then he has left the club! No problem, nothing to worry about!

I admit freely I know nothing about Messi's future or intentions. But I bet Laporta and his colleagues are most certainly not sitting comfortably this morning and have little idea of Messi's intentions. And I certainly wouldn't be so smugly self-satisfied as to offer counselling to fellow blues who believe/hope tha Messi MIGHT just come to City. We all know nowt.
Turn it in ffs. The desperation in Thai post and thread is nothing short of embarrassing.

LIONEL MESSI ISNT COMING TO CITY

Please just accept it

No expert and never stated I was an expert

But my opinion is Good riddance as not good enough from watching him the last couple of years

Many more blues also feel the same way

Only time will tell

Fair do’s OTR, it’s a forum and it’s all about opinions so I’ve no problem with that.

My thought is that a football layman going into print to announce that Pep Guardiola, Ronald Koeman and Luis Enrique can’t recognise a huge emerging talent, is akin to having Benny from Crossroads announce that he knows more about relativity than Einstein.

Moreover, I happily accept that you truly believe you know better than the aforementioned supremely expert Garcia appreciators, so this isn’t aimed at you, but it’s plain to anyone utilising a logical thought process that the vast majority of those who’ve taken to spitting bile at the kid are sadly struggling to let go emotionally and have taken to replicating the embarrassingly tearful hate that the dipper fans threw at Sterling when he was making a move in our direction.

Something doesn't add up to me. If Barca have offered him a deal then why let his contract run down & risk getting injured in the Copa America. The offer on the table certainly is going to improve.

Last summer Messi erupted after an 8-2 annihilation in the CL, put in a transfer request and said he wanted to join City and work again with Pep. Barcelona and La Liga threatened to take him to court and coerced him into staying. But to some on here this was not evidence of a breakdown between Messi and Barcelona but a powerplay by Messi to get a change of board at the club and his loyalty was still rock solid. The elections came and went and in came Laporta, the answer to an Argentine's prayer. But no contract extension ensued and it became clear that not only did Laporta have any idea how to deal with Barcelona's increasingly pressing "financials" but he had little ,if any, real influence over Messi. Over six months, endless talk and no action. And now, this morning we have woken up to the impossible, the inconceivable - Messi has not signed a new contract and when he promised to say and do nothing until his season is over he meant it. But Barca are "comfortable" because all they have to sort out are "the financials" for him to stay! Until then he has left the club! No problem, nothing to worry about!

I admit freely I know nothing about Messi's future or intentions. But I bet Laporta and his colleagues are most certainly not sitting comfortably this morning and have little idea of Messi's intentions. And I certainly wouldn't be so smugly self-satisfied as to offer counselling to fellow blues who believe/hope tha Messi MIGHT just come to City. We all know nowt.

When you give a proper breakdown of it - it’s mad to think he might/probably will actually stay there. Talk about going out of European football with a whimper.

Something doesn't add up to me. If Barca have offered him a deal then why let his contract run down & risk getting injured in the Copa America. The offer on the table certainly is going to improve.
Seeing out his contract entitled him to a big 40m + payout. Now he can take the new deal at ease after Copa concludes and will make sure it's the best he can get for 2 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.