Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos he quite clearly still wants to play for Barcelona. That's obvious, otherwise he'd just not be there now. La Liga, Messi and Barca will sort sumat out financially. Dunno what, but i cant see it ending any other way.
Makes perfect sense, but then so does the argument Barcelona are just too far over the precipice this time. So ask me today and I don't see how he stays, ask me tomorrow and I'll probably say I don't see how he leaves :)

I suspect 'contribute' may have been lost in translation here. We've discussed previously, the possibility that Tebas/La Liga clubs might turn a blind eye or amend the wage cap rules to allow Barca the necessary leeway to sign Messi. That might be what is meant here
That's interesting when he's such a stickler for rules and regulations.

I'm amazed that people still think Messi could be at City. Maybe im being naive though.
I think given the choice in a perfect world he’d already have resigned but once the decision is taken from his hands then who knows the outcome.

Sorry pal, but a few.seasons ago Barca was a damn competative team, a favourite for tha champioms league and ahead of most teams including us in terms of sporting attractiveness. Plus, he and his familynwas settled. Whatever money we could have tempted him with, Barcelona then exceded to make sure, and he took it, along with the rest above.

Last season was the first meaningful chance where we overtook them sporting-wise. Didn't work out, and this year they have neither that nor the money to offer him. Whether being comfortable and settled swings that, or has already been trumped, time will tell.
They have been in decline for some time ,Josep Maria Bartomeu was the final straw.

Barca were a wonderful club , more than a club, but they have self destructed over the last 3 years.

Cos he quite clearly still wants to play for Barcelona. That's obvious, otherwise he'd just not be there now. La Liga, Messi and Barca will sort sumat out financially. Dunno what, but i cant see it ending any other way.

La Liga will not help them. Tebas has made it perfectly clear he's not going to help them. He can't help them in any case.... otherwise he'll breaking the law. Besides, if he does that for Barcelona, he'd have to change the rules for every other team in the league. It's down to Barcelona to sort out. Messi has apparently agreed to stay, but I doubt Messi will want to wait too long till it gets sorted.

Messi will probably be home on Monday, so I'm sure he'll go on holiday with his family for a few weeks. I'm sure that he'll want it sorted out by the end of July or early August. I don't think even think it's possible to reduce 187m euros off the wage bill by that time. As I said earlier, even if they get rid of Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti, Pjanic and Dembele, I don't think it's enough. Coutinho has only just come back from a long injury and is on over 300k a week, so he's going to be hard to get rid of. Dembele is out till December, so they can't ship him out. I doubt Griezmann wants to give up 800k a week. Pjanic and Umtiti have barely played in the last 18 months, so I doubt other teams would want to pay over 200k a week for those guys.

It's going to be hard for Barcelona to let go enough of the highest earners to reduce the wage bill from 347m euros to 160m euros in roughly 4 to 5 weeks. Even if they do, they would have to add the wages from their 4 new signings and Messi to the books. I feel it's much worse than Laporta is letting on. He's trying to save face, but I do feel Barcelona is close to bankruptcy.

La Liga will not help them. Tebas has made it perfectly clear he's not going to help them. He can't help them in any case.... otherwise he'll breaking the law. Besides, if he does that for Barcelona, he'd have to change the rules for every other team in the league. It's down to Barcelona to sort out. Messi has apparently agreed to stay, but I doubt Messi will want to wait too long till it gets sorted.

Messi will probably be home on Monday, so I'm sure he'll go on holiday with his family for a few weeks. I'm sure that he'll want it sorted out by the end of July or early August. I don't think even think it's possible to reduce 187m euros off the wage bill by that time. As I said earlier, even if they get rid of Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti, Pjanic and Dembele, I don't think it's enough. Coutinho has only just come back from a long injury and is on over 300k a week, so he's going to be hard to get rid of. Dembele is out till December, so they can't ship him out. I doubt Griezmann wants to give up 800k a week. Pjanic and Umtiti have barely played in the last 18 months, so I doubt other teams would want to pay over 200k a week for those guys.

It's going to be hard for Barcelona to let go enough of the highest earners to reduce the wage bill from 347m euros to 160m euros in roughly 4 to 5 weeks. Even if they do, they would have to add the wages from their 4 new signings and Messi to the books. I feel it's much worse than Laporta is letting on. He's trying to save face, but I do feel Barcelona is close to bankruptcy.
That all makes sense, but would City or anyone else give Messi 4 or 5 weeks from now to sit and wait and see. I doubt we would, and would want an answer yes or no in the next week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.