Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect 'contribute' may have been lost in translation here. We've discussed previously, the possibility that Tebas/La Liga clubs might turn a blind eye or amend the wage cap rules to allow Barca the necessary leeway to sign Messi. That might be what is meant here

I don't think the other teams care if Messi is there or not. Actually, I think they would rather play Barcelona without Messi. It gives them a much better chance of beating and finishing ahead of Barcelona.

I suspect 'contribute' may have been lost in translation here. We've discussed previously, the possibility that Tebas/La Liga clubs might turn a blind eye or amend the wage cap rules to allow Barca the necessary leeway to sign Messi. That might be what is meant here

They all sell out their grounds for Messi. Lots of overcapacity stadiums in Spain and they night only pack out a few times a year, and one of them is when he turns up.

So there's a direct incentive for them that comes with him staying as well as him being an attraction for the league.

That all makes sense, but would City or anyone else give Messi 4 or 5 weeks from now to sit and wait and see. I doubt we would, and would want an answer yes or no in the next week or so.

If it means signing Messi for free, I think City would. I think City is just sitting back patiently and seeing what's happening. If Messi decides to leave, they'll put an offer in. There is no point in them forcing an issue.

Messi will definitely want this sorted out within the next 3 to 4 weeks.

But if they agree to change the rules...
Let's see how straight the fat **** tebas is.

If he's true to his word, and his word means shit to me, then Barca are goosed.
If he's a lying, fat faced bullshitter and Barca resign Messi then football is more corrupt than ever.

He obviously just thinks us and PSG are the bad boys of football. We don't have owners who are chancers, who lie and live on the never never and are full of hot air and bullshit, we have owners who are sensible, owners who are businessmen and owners who are true to their word, something that seems to hit a nerve with tebas.

I don't think the other teams care if Messi is there or not. Actually, I think they would rather play Barcelona without Messi. It gives them a much better chance of beating and finishing ahead of Barcelona.
I tend to agree with you, however I can see the argument of the value of Messi to the league in general. In the short term and particularly whilst hit by Covid losses it may make sense

Why don't barca sell the naming rights for nou camp? They could wipe out their debt with a 20 year deal to name the stadium presuming a major company wood be willing to pay it all up front

Let's see how straight the fat **** tebas is.

If he's true to his word, and his word means shit to me, then Barca are goosed.
If he's a lying, fat faced bullshitter and Barca resign Messi then football is more corrupt than ever.

He obviously just thinks us and PSG are the bad boys of football. We don't have owners who are chancers, who lie and live on the never never and are full of hot air and bullshit, we have owners who are sensible, owners who are businessmen and owners who are true to their word, something that seems to hit a nerve with tebas.
I agree with what you've said, however, he isn't going back on his word if the league agree to change the rules. He'd only need to ensure they comply with the new rules :-)

If it means signing Messi for free, I think City would. I think City is just sitting back patiently and seeing what's happening. If Messi decides to leave, they'll put an offer in. There is no point in them forcing an issue.

Messi will definitely want this sorted out within the next 3 to 4 weeks.
we can't though, if Messi is coming we need to know to make space in the squad for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.