Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mentioning side tracked on the basis that - apparently we were looking at getting kane last year but got side tracked by the Messi Drama last year and then pushed ST for this window ( playing without ST last season)

Do you really think we tried to get Kane last year?

Not a single link existed. He had 4 years on his contract, we had Aguero, who btw was talked about getting an extension right up until his injury problems. We weren't even linked with a striker, let alone under 20 league goals last two seasons Kane. Our targets were clear, strengthening defence and replacing sane.

Sam Lee says something daft on twitter in a moment of madness 'city lost out on kane last year because of messi' and it bloody becomes accepted as a fact. Twitter is terrible for revisionist claims, just like 'barcelona can't register players'.

Last edited:
I don't disagree.

I don't personally think we were side tracked at all last year, not buying that.
We got the targets we went for. Signing a defender late in the window had nothing to do with Messi, that had to play out that way, once benfica dropping out of CL made it possible.
Messi was a target and we didn’t get him. Also some reports we wanted Kane last year and flirting with messi all summer changed that. Was it Alan sugar who tweeted last year city bidding for Kane. There’s legs to it all anyway and makes sense as to why we aren’t even remotely linked to him

Do you really think we tried to get Kane last year?

Not a single link existed. He had 4 years on his contract, we had Aguero, who btw was talked about getting an extension right up until his injury problems. We weren't even linked with a striker, let alone under 20 league goals last two seasons Kane. Our targets were clear, strengthening defence and replacing sane.

Sam Lee says something daft on twitter in a moment of madness 'city lost out on kane last year because if messi' and it bloody becomes accepted as a fact. Twitter is tereible for revisionist claims, just like 'barcelona can't register players'.
Isn't Sam Lee a paid journalist , so can't realistically make shit up as he wishes ? Of course he has been wrong as well. I personally wouldn't dismiss him as a KFA as for example that KFC ITK Indykalia ! :)

Anyway on topic - guess this gets done today / tomorrow going by all reports from France.

Messi was a target and we didn’t get him. Also some reports we wanted Kane last year and flirting with messi all summer changed that. Was it Alan sugar who tweeted last year city bidding for Kane. There’s legs to it all anyway and makes sense as to why we aren’t even remotely linked to him

I genuinely must have missed any links to Kane last year. Or just maybe dismissed them more likely then. Or any striker for that matter.

Technically, we were never in for messi last year, per the official club line. Obviously though we were.

I agree we are not even remotely linkes this year, and there is a valid reason.

Isn't Sam Lee a paid journalist , so can't realistically make shit up as he wishes ? Of course he has been wrong as well. I personally wouldn't dismiss him as a KFA as for example that KFC ITK Indykalia ! :)

Anyway on topic - guess this gets done today / tomorrow going by all reports from France.

I didn't say he was kfa. Nor do I have anything against him at all btw. I said he said something reactionary on twitter. Which he does often. I don't discount everything he says by default, just when it seems at odds.

I genuinely must have missed any links to Kane last year. Or just maybe dismissed them more likely then. Or any striker for that matter.

Technically, we were never in for messi last year, per the official club line. Obviously though we were.

I agree we are not even remotely linkes this year, and there is a valid reason.
I think your first two paragraphs prove you can be in for someone whilst not being officially ;)

Who knows with last year, who knows if Alan sugar still has any dealings or info to have known we was bidding for Kane, that added to new reports saying we were means there was a chance.
Regardless of Kane last year I think we was solely focused on Messi and rightly so, with how that ended up will be why we won’t entertain it yet again.

Might be missing Kevin for a while and foden out too, bernardo going and Jesus. Messi would have been a fine option.

I think the threat with Kevin's ankle is all too real. Intervene now with surgery is 7 months out, take a risk and the ligaments go and we could also be without for the same time. Do we do nothing and see how it goes ?

I think your first two paragraphs prove you can be in for someone whilst not being officially ;)

Who knows with last year, who knows if Alan sugar still has any dealings or info to have known we was bidding for Kane, that added to new reports saying we were means there was a chance.
Regardless of Kane last year I think we was solely focused on Messi and rightly so, with how that ended up will be why we won’t entertain it yet again.

Probably. I maintain, that even if we Were quietly looking at Kane last year, it is a bloody stretch to claim we 'missed out on him because we got distracted by messi'. The club spent 120m on strengthening defense and replacing Sane's position, we didn't need a striker, Kane would have been far less available and less impressive than this year. If messi hadn't come on the scene, I don't think we would have gone after Kane at all regardless.

A part of me believes the club will be looking at messi in the background, I honestly doubt they wouldn't. But I don't think there will be anything meamingful to it, the deal with PSG is probably too far gone, and our own business is in progress. If Messi's camp delay the move to PSG though, might het interesting. Maybe.

If he was signing for PSG this would all be done and dusted now.
Whilst I think he'll eventually go there as he's money driven before anything else, all this talk and tweets about him having a medical tonight are a bit too presumptuous for my liking.
It's almost like the shit kid in the school team who has the £100 pair of boots thinking everyone should give him the ball, PSG are that kid at the minute being bolshy and single minded.

Talk of a medical before anything is remotely sorted out is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.