Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@domliano still not a great amount of time left in the tank and we should be looking at bringing younger players who does have that extra commercial appeal. On top of that we have made those types of signings in our history and none of them didn't work out as planned.
I’m struggling with the double negative in your last sentence.

Weah, Robinho and to sme extent Marsh springs to mind. Both didn't work out as planned
I get who you’re talking about. What I’m struggling with is do you consider them successes or not.
I’m guessing from your post, Not!
But the double negative suggests otherwise.

I get who you’re talking about. What I’m struggling with is do you consider them successes or not.
I’m guessing from your post, Not!
But the double negative suggests otherwise.

All three were more trouble than they were worth (The first two especially)

Messi would absolutely transform the club commercially for years even after he's gone, leaving a lasting competitive advantage. It would be worth doing for that reason alone. The fact that he's also still extremely good at football, and almost certainly will be for two or three years, is almost a bonus. If he has any interest in coming you do it without question, can't believe we're seriously debating this.

Last edited:
Messi would absolutely transform the club commercially for years even after he's gone, leaving a lasting competitive advantage. It would be worth doing for that reason alone. The fact that he's also still extremely good at football, and almost certainly will be for a two or three years, is almost a bonus. If he has any interest in coming you do it without question, can't believe we're seriously debating this.

If he was Neymar's age I would fully agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.