Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros
- Best player in the world
- Inspire academy youngsters
- Piss off rags and dippers
- Bring in more fans
- Did I say it would piss off the rags?
- A slap in the face of Tebias and UEFA for that FFP BS

Cons
- He will not be as good
- Ruin wage structure and squad harmony
- The transfer fee will be astronomical

I say we still go for him. Even if he does cause some squad problems, he'll only be here for 2 or 3 years anyway.

Pros
- Best player in the world
- Inspire academy youngsters
- Piss off rags and dippers
- Bring in more fans
- Did I say it would piss off the rags?
- A slap in the face of Tebias and UEFA for that FFP BS

Cons
- He will not be as good
- Ruin wage structure and squad harmony
- The transfer fee will be astronomical

I say we still go for him. Even if he does cause some squad problems, he'll only be here for 2 or 3 years anyway.
Bring in more fans? When and where? Remember covid!

Piss off Rags and Dippers? I don't care about pissing them off, I want Manchester City to win titles that pisses them off.

tebias is a cock, enough said.

Messi is a Barca legend, he is Barcelona, and always will be.

Last edited:
Where's this 100m coming from? Messi has an escape clause written into his contract at Barça which states that he is able to leave at the end of any of the remaining seasons left on his contract, on the condition that he gives the club a month's notice. The deadline is October 5, City can sign him next month for free.

Says who?
The official line is, €700m buy-out.

Either way, do you think Koeman, a barca legend and fresh into a poisoned chalice role, will want to be seen as the manager that let messi go? ditto the president. Not happening

Says who?
The official line is, €700m buy-out.

Either way, do you think Koeman, a barca legend and fresh into a poisoned chalice role, will want to be seen as the manager that let messi go? ditto the president. Not happening
If he threatens to buy his own contract out then they would have to negotiate a reasonable fee
Can’t really see Messi doing that
If I was him I would come to city for two years for a different experience and then have a farewell year back at Barca when they have cleaned house and got new board fresh young squad xavi in charge etc

I am debating on whether we will get the same Messi that Barcelona supporters have enjoyed watching. Stats mean Jack shit if he hasn't played a single minute in a City shirt. It wouldn't be such a shock if he completely retires. Other than the World Cup he haven't got anything else to prove and could finish off his career on a personal high (Balon D'or), although Barcelona's season has been one shit show.

Runners up in la liga, quarter finals of the CL is a shitshow? What terms did you use to describe our seasons under Ball and Clarke?

I’d spend 100m on him and send him out against Robertson and say just turn this overacted Duracell bunny inside out for 90mins
Oh and when the shithouse looks for big Virgil to back him up I’d send koulibaly over!

According to a lot of people on here Lionel Messi isn't good enough for City. A strange opinion in itself but I reckon everyone of us would be absolutely gutted and green with envy if he signed for the Rags or Dippers
I didn't watch La Liga this season but he's been very average this season in the Champions League. Most football fans absolutely love Messi but his time is up, hence he can no longer carry Barcelona.

If I were him I'd see out my days at Barcelona and retire. He'd get exposed in the Premier League. Technically La Liga is better than the Premier League but Liverpool and Manchester City completely overwhelmed Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past two seasons which is indicative of the difference in physicality of two leagues. Messi still prospers in La Liga because he has space and time in a still domestically strong Barcelona side. Don't let that mislead you. His time is up. Stop dreaming.

I didn't watch La Liga this season but he's been very average this season in the Champions League. Most football fans absolutely love Messi but his time is up, hence he can no longer carry Barcelona.

If I were him I'd see out my days at Barcelona and retire. He'd get exposed in the Premier League. Technically La Liga is better than the Premier League but Liverpool and Manchester City completely overwhelmed Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past two seasons which is indicative of the difference in physicality of two leagues. Messi still prospers in La Liga because he has space and time in a still domestically strong Barcelona side. Don't let that mislead you. His time is up. Stop dreaming.

Right... I’m off to the Isco thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.