Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was Neymar's age I would fully agree
Messi is one of the three most recognizable athletes in the world of any sport by basically any metric. 163 million people follow him on Instagram. If he's in the team for two or three years it brings awareness and interest in the club that would probably never happen otherwise, or at least in the foreseeable future. It's an absolute no brainer from that perspective.

If he was Neymar's age I would fully agree
ney out of liga got smashed by defenders here before gettin some respect and less agressions , that would be my fear for messi in pl

Messi is one of the three most recognizable athletes in the world of any sport by basically any metric. If he's in the team for two or three years it brings awareness and interest in the club that would probably never happen otherwise, or at least in the foreseeable future. It's an absolute no brainer from that perspective.

His decline can start at any time and he has had lengthy spells over the recent seasons. He is starting to pick up calf injuries.

Last edited:
I can’t believe we are still having the debate whether we should want him or not. He’s still the best player on the planet...

I am debating on whether we will get the same Messi that Barcelona supporters have enjoyed watching. Stats mean Jack shit if he hasn't played a single minute in a City shirt. It wouldn't be such a shock if he completely retires. Other than the World Cup he haven't got anything else to prove and could finish off his career on a personal high (Balon D'or), although Barcelona's season has been one shit show.

Last edited:
His decline can start at any time and he has had lengthy spells over the recent seasons. He is starting to pick up calf injuries.
I'm not sure what that has to do with his commercial appeal? Half of the benefit comes before he even plays a game with us.

I'm not sure what that has to do with his commercial appeal? Half of the benefit comes before he even plays a game with us.

The first bit is about on the field contribution. Injuries are starting to creep into his game. Calf injuries have been a major problem for Aguero missing large chunks of the season. That would a problem if Messi did sign for us as well.

Last edited:
I feel there's no way barca will not seek an astronomical transfer fee, and there's no way Messi will reduce his astronomical salary - if he comes here.

Impossible hypothetical but we did somehow pull off Robinho.

I am debating on whether we will get the same Messi that Barcelona supporters have enjoyed watching. Stats mean Jack shit if he hasn't played a single minute in a City shirt. It wouldn't be such a shock if he completely retires. Other than the World Cup he haven't got anything else to prove and could finish off his career on a personal high (Balon D'or), although Barcelona's season has been one shit show.
Agree he could well retire, but just think of the accolades he’d get if he could produce it midweek at a blustery wet Burnley. Cement his place in football folklore ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.