Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dragged a poor Argentina to a World Cup final and won best player.
The best player award was roundly mocked by the football world, it was keeping clean sheets in the knock out that got them to the final and a couple of moments of magic from other players. City had just won the league and half of the defence was playing for Argentina, and they had 3 other superstar forwards. Messi was the worst player who kept his place during the knock out stage. He wasn't a patch on Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mascherano or DiMaria.

3 Brazil defenders got in the team of the tournament after letting in 7 versus Germany, the players were picked on marketing potential and not how they performed.

I'm sure no one will get sent to prison at Barca, just like Madrid. Tax, corruption etc, doesn't rerally make any difference. UEFA certainly won't be interested, neither will la Liga.
I'm def not sure about that. Sandro Rosell the ex-president who was actually the boss of Bartomeu spent 21 months in Jail.
Madrid has more power and influence than Barça in Spanish justice and politics everybody knows that in Spain.

He's been at Barcelona for 20 years now and won every individual and club competition available in Spain. If he stays for his probable last couple of seasons, I don't think anyone can, with any seriousness, question his ambition.

From what I have read on, from quite a few Barca fans ( I didn't follow him or Barca that closely) - from the time neymar left after 2015/2016 , coz of the sheer incompetence / now established corruption of the Barca board - he has wasted his peak years! No ucl in 6 years - which apparently is more important to him than individuals.

So that is what I was alluding to, when I said - that he is still playing at his best based on the last few games - he gets a gr8 shot at winning things with us than at Barca who may go trophyless again most likely.

They don’t have any money. How are they going to pay him... with magic beans. All this arrest stuff makes no difference. They can’t afford to keep him

Never stopped them before.

Probably find a way to blame it on us in the end too, for ruining football.

After all, the state of football these days, between our good club and Barcelona, we Are on average half a billion in debt!

This „proved himself in different leagues” thing makes me laugh everytime.
Playing in the best Utd side of all time is proving himself haha. For example Rooney, van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Tevez, Scholes - are they shite players? Well, they even made it to the UCL final a year after he left...
Real Madrid - played with Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Casillas. He did nothing in the UCL until 2013, when Modric and co. came to the club. After he left they won La Liga - one less in all his spell with Madrid. In 9 years... funny.
Juventus didn’t buy him to win Serie A titles because they won 7 in a row (!!!!!) before he came. After he came they didn’t make any UCL semi (were finalists in 2015 and 2017). Also, they haven’t won Coppa Italia since his arrival...
also he lost the top scorer of the League to 78 years old Quagiarella and Bundesliga flop Ciro Immobile.
FUNNY.

And people saying he proved himself million times. Going to the most successful teams in each league to just stand in the box to poach...
He had Mourinho, Ferguson, Ancelotti, Allegri, Zidane, Benitez as coaches. His 1st shite coach is Pirlo now. After 15 years of career. Meanwhile Messi had Setien, Valverde, Tata Martino, Roura. Wtf. Only 4 were top (Pep, Rijkaard, Lucho, Tito). And Rosell and Bartomeu as presidents.
Messi is not a football prostitute unlike PR7. Staying in the same team to help them win the titles for over a decade is the most challenging. Not jumping from team to team to score some tap-ins and get all the credit...

Praying he leaves Barca. I have enough of this shit for 6 years already. I want him to win the UCL again.
I don't like Ronaldo as a man, total prick for me, but as a footballer he is magnificent.

He has been outstanding and without the standout player in every team he has played in and he has played for great teams and with great players.

Both Messi and Ronaldo have had incredible careers, end of story.

If he's honestly just deciding purely on the sporting project then I'm not sure what he thinks Barca can offer him, Eric Garcia on a free isn't the most convincing projects one can offer. Obviously there's the sentimental factor but as far as projects go, there's only one winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.