Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

The Beatles at the Oasis Lloyd St just as Please Please Me reached No 1, I think, it was a long time ago. Stood on the side of the stage leaning on the amp talking to George Harrison during the gig.
Oh and Sticky Vicky first time in Benidorm. In fact I think I have seen her perform more than any group or singer. Happy days.

Been to many concerts and seen lots of the best. A small number stand out above the rest:

Led Zeppelin at the Kings Theatre Edinburgh 1973. This is the only Rock concert that the Kings ever hosted - about 3,000 people. Zeppelins sound system was made for slightly more and didn't seem to have a volume button. Unbelievable concert, unbelievably loud. They opened with 'Rock and Roll" and when Bonham hit the snair it was like being kicked hard in the chest.

Genesis at the Usher Hall Edinburgh 1975. The concert had been rescheduled from 1974 because of an injury to Steve Hackett. They played the full Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. Not long afterwards Peter Gabriel left the band. Wonderful concert though

Robert Plant and Alison Kraus at the Paris Le Grand Rex in 2008. T Bone Burnett played guitar and produced. Fantastic band, fantastic vocalists in one of my favourite citys. The venue was a refurbished avante guarde cinema where you were met at the front door by liveried youngsters and literally individually taken to your seat. Tipping was mandatory. Those that refused were verbally abused until they coughed up. Pretty bizzarre. Fantastic concert though.

The concert that stands out most though was Kate Bush at the Hammersmith apollo in 2014. Despite her doing 22 dates, demand for tickets was such that she could have done 10 times that and still sold out. She had a great band including Tony Levin and others from Peter Gabriels band. When she came on the stage, I have never heard such a reception in all my years of concert going. You could feel the love rolling down to the stage. It was extraordinary. The music, visuals were perfect. Her vocals beautiful and strong. I almost certainly she wont play live again and because of that I feel very privileged to have seen her.

Very impressive list mate. I would have loved to have been at the Genesis gig which as you say was postponed from Nov 1974.

Led Zeppelin at a smaller venue must have been great too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.