Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

Nirvana at the Birmingham Humming Bird 1991
Queen at Knebworth (last gig in 1986)
Kiss at Deeside Leisure centre 1978 - first ever gig at 13 years old

Rainbow at the Apollo,
Springsteen at OT( cricket ground),
Meatloaf at Warwick castle
Coldplay Etihad, first concert with my son, same year as 93.20 !

Lizzy at the Champness. Smashed in with the Rocker and whisky in the jar. If menory serves me correctly it was less than an English pound entry and beyond the impressed. Ever so slightly before their big break and nothing but the best. Here is a brilliant review from a former school mate of mine from Henshaws and eloquently put if I may say so.

Happily play this at my cortege if they changed the tune to Gin In The Jar : /

Tom Waits, Dublin,Glitter and Doom tour 2012, he's getting on a bit so it was my first time seeing the man live,and probably my last time to be honest as I just can't see him heading out on the road again,God bless you Tom.

Oasis at Maine Road

Went on The Saturday and whatever people's opinions on the band, for me when they played Champagne Supernova and I was standing on that pitch, looking up at the stars, I remember thinking "wow"

The Who Every time for me
Townshend Guirar playing still a sight to Behold
Wish I had seen them with Keith but not to be
Also Live Aid at Wembley, never beat that.
Queen at Maine Road,Knebworth
Ac DC at The Apollo 1980
Bowie at Maine Road Glass Spider Tour,both nights

Great times and proper music
Not like The Crap on the XFactor nowadays

Nirvana at the Birmingham Humming Bird 1991
Queen at Knebworth (last gig in 1986)
Kiss at Deeside Leisure centre 1978 - first ever gig at 13 years old

Kiss didn't play Deeside in 1978: it was 1980. I suppose I could add all four dates on that (their second UK) tour to my list as I was backstage for all of them. My abiding memory of the Deeside gig is watching the roadies attaching the flying rig to Gene at the side of the stage while he calmily kept playing the song they were performing at that moment.

Guess I should also add Day on the Green 2 in 1981 as I was backstage in Oakland for that.

Kiss didn't play Deeside in 1978: it was 1980. I suppose I could add all four dates on that (their second UK) tour to my list as I was backstage for all of them. My abiding memory of the Deeside gig is watching the roadies attaching the flying rig to Gene at the side of the stage while he calmily kept playing the song they were performing at that moment.

Guess I should also add Day on the Green 2 in 1981 as I was backstage in Oakland for that.

You’re most likely right about the year mate - it was the Unmasked album tour and Girl we’re supporting (who didn’t go down well at all).

You’re most likely right about the year mate - it was the Unmasked album tour and Girl we’re supporting (who didn’t go down well at all).

Correct. That was 1980. I was a fan of Girl but not sure they were at their best. Phil Lewis had a bad cold and they pulled out of the last gig at Wembley so there was no support that night. If all four rather than just three members of my best friend's band had been present, they would have got the support slot. Gene Simmons was very unimpressed that Girl pulled out: he thought they Phil should have soldiered on but the poor lad was having trouble staying awake due to all the cough syrup he'd drunk.

Talking of Girl, my mates and I once pushed their lead guitarist Phil Collen's battered old Morris (I think) up Charing Cross Rd when it broke down there, we just happened to be down in London again and walking by. Doubt Phil C has that problem with his cars these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.