Live performances you feel so lucky to have been at.

Bingo Hand Job (REM) @ Borderline ' 91
Springsteen @ Bramall lane '88
Stone Roses @ Alexandra Palace '89
Charlatans @ The Boston Arms '90
& lowering the tone
The Macc Lads @ Hardrock Birkenhead '87

Springsteen at St James Park 1985
Big Country at Lancaster university 1984
Stray Cats at Manchester international 1988

Springsteen in Roundhay Park the day Boris Becker won at Wimbledon ....it was a bastard to get out of though

Queen at Elland Road....shit support from memory it was only Joan Jett, The Teardrop Explodes and Heart - fucking boiling mind

Elton John in Leeds and the Ramones twice
Queen at Elland Road....shit support from memory it was only Joan Jett, The Teardrop Explodes and Heart - fucking boiling mind
I was there....
20200829-163202.jpg

The support wasn't brilliant, although Heart were okay, from what I remember. Julian Cope got bottled during the Teardrops' set but what did he expect, having slagged off Queen/their fans in the run up to the gig? Dozy ****. That concert was supposed to be at the Meccano Set on the edge of town, but the local council wouldn't issue a licence for the concert. Same with the Milton Keynes gig the following week. Pretty sure that was supposed to be at Highbury. The cost of the ticket; £9. Fucking hilarious. You Wouldn't get a soft drink for that now, at a top notch stadium gig. How much was it to get into Metallica at the Emptihad last summer?

By the way; you're right. It was absolutely roasting that day at L***s. Same weekend the Pope was in Heaton Pk.

Last edited:
I was there....
20200829-163202.jpg

The support wasn't brilliant, although Heart were okay, from what I remember. Julian Cope got bottled during the Teardrops' set but what did he expect, having slagged off Queen/their fans in the run up to the gig? Dozy ****. That concert was supposed to be at the Meccano Set on the edge of town, but the local council wouldn't issue a licence for the concert. Same with the Milton Keynes gig the following week. Pretty sure that was supposed to be at Highbury. The cost of the ticket; £9. Fucking hilarious. You wouldn't get a soft drink for that now, at a top notch stadium gig. How much was it to get into Metallica at the Emptihad last summer?

By the way; you're right. It was absolutely roasting that day at L***s. Same weekend the Pope was in Heaton Pk.

Yeah - I always remembered Julian Cope getting bottled off stage - we all pissed ourselves laughing then the promoter - was it Harvey Goldsmith? - came out and told us no-one else was coming out so we had to stand there for over an hour in the glare of the sun clutching a tin of coke that was getting warmer and warmer.......

Yeah - this was 29th May 82 and the Pope was a couple of days later - the then Mrs was with me at Elland Road but I declined the chance to return the favour at Heaton Park - I know it was John Paul but without George and Ringo I thought the performance might be lacking something.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingley Hall Stafford? Was there for Bob Marley in 1978. Hitched back to London, but made the mistake of making a cardboard sign and carrying it from the gig. Got a shedload of abuse.
Didn’t Bowie play the next day ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.