Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that worries me is that they are so fucking good at passing the nivea around the shower. They are just so damn good at being so close and smooth and hairless together. I think they are going to look to shiny for us on the Tele. 1-3 to city.

Yeah, it's been that way since we lost Joe's Head & Shoulders.

0-3 to City.

The referee tonight has zero tolerance for those kinds of fouls as well. On top of that he's handed out 15 yellows in his last 2 games and averages nearly 4 yellows and 0.25 reds a game so they'd want to watch their usual snide shit.
We'll have to be careful as well.

Danilo, Gundogan and Fernandinho will all miss the return leg if they pick up a yellow. The first two we could live with, but losing Ferna would be a blow.

Danilo, Gundogan and Fernandinho will all miss the return leg if they pick up a yellow. The first two we could live with, but losing Ferna would be a blow.
We'll lose 1 or 2, at least it clears them up for the rest of the tournament, the only way I'd worry is if we were to lose Gundogan and Dinho. More importantly it means Firmino and the like could well get a very early yellow card which will force them to rethink their 'kick/shove the player and hope it makes them lose the ball and the ref doesn't notice' policy and go to plan B 'lose badly'.

Lose all three and we'd have zero defensive midfield cover for the second leg.

Don't know if this is the right thread to post in - but first time going in the car to Anfield - any recommendations on parking where I won't end up on bricks?

Lots of media hype about their front three who, admittedly, are excellent, in fact they're nearly as good as our front three. The real difference is that their remaining eight don't come close to matching ours, a fact that has been consistently ignored by the media. Their famous European triumphs under the lights at fortress Anfield is a well managed publicity myth that sends their fans into an uncontrolled frenzy, hopefully it will have a similar effect on their players and I'd not be surprised to see some rash, headless chicken, type challenges flying in early doors which could be costly for them if the referee is competent.

I guess we'd put Delph there and Mendy would come back with...Yaya on the bench as cover.

Of course, I forgot about Delph. Wouldn't fancy having to play him there in a CL quarter final though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.