Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More I watch that ‘foul’ more I agree with Micah they had to find an angle to disallow it. Taylor’s angle it doesn’t look a foul, only slowed down from one angle did it suit the agenda. There are four subsequent passes I think and Alisson spills ball. May as well not have a ref on pitch and do it all remote with drone cameras.

Don’t have much issue with the line up the back 3 nullified Liverpool and took the sting out of the game. When we switched to the back four took control after subduing the crowd.

It’s then gone to a Liverpool player, city player has took it off him, been played forward to Haaland, Alison has spilled it and Phil has scored. How far back do you think we should be going, out of interest?

I would take it back as far as if it was the other way round you wouldn't be complaining about it.

I often love the comments about deluded rags or scousers. How we laugh at their desperation. Some go on their forums and post their bias on here. And then a game like this happens and surprise surprise some ie you are no better than them.

If you don't want to give a foul for pulling a shirt don't pull on a fucking shirt. Its that straight forward really.

He had a hand full of shirt and he fell... You know full well you'd be crying foul if the roles were reversed. I know I'm biased toward City but a group is a foul. It's so much easier to watch and enjoy/ appreciate the game without the thick City lenses.
I’m not watching with my blue specs on, we were shit today and didn’t deserve anything out of the game.

I thought Haaland forcefully pulls him back on his shirt In the lead up and that’s simply a foul and it looked pretty clear and obvious on the reply (soon as it was shown in pub everyone said ‘fuck sake that’s a foul it won’t be given) ‘fuck sake’ because even down in Kent no one wants Liverpool to win
- so yes I do think it’s right VAR intervene when they spot a foul in lead up to goal regardless if the ref has let a lot go throughout the game

Regardless of VAR , the referee still makes the ultimate call and he saw it on monitor and gave the decision
The problem I have is what's the point of "letting things go" to let the game flow, if the end result from the passage of play is that a goal is scored which is then going to be chalked off? You might as well just instruct the ref to give the foul in the first place. But on top of that, you need to give EVERY shirt pull as a foul. You get dozens of them in every game, but it seems it's only a foul if it results in a goal.

They've put out a statement condemning songs sung about Hillsborough from the away end and graffiti in the concourse. Which is fair enough.

No statement condemning the coin throwing though.
What songs about Hillsborough?

I would take it back as far as if it was the other way round you wouldn't be complaining about it.

I often love the comments about deluded rags or scousers. How we laugh at their desperation. Some go on their forums and post their bias on here. And then a game like this happens and surprise surprise some ie you are no better than them.

If you don't want to give a foul for pulling a shirt don't pull on a fucking shirt. Its that straight forward really.
It’s not that mate. It’s that the ‘how far back you go’ needs clarifying. If it’s until you find an offence, that’s fine. The fact that nobody knows is all you need to know really. BTW, I’m far from deluded about stuff that happens to city as opposed to stuff that doesn’t but I will admit I’m confused by the parameters currently in play.

It’s then gone to a Liverpool player, city player has took it off him, been played forward to Haaland, Alison has spilled it and Phil has scored. How far back do you think we should be going, out of interest?
I think you're right, there has to be a point at which you ask how much it affected the play. If it has then the ref should give the foul and scrap this idea of letting the game flow.

The problem I have is what's the point of "letting things go" to let the game flow, if the end result from the passage of play is that a goal is scored which is then going to be chalked off? You might as well just instruct the ref to give the foul in the first place. But on top of that, you need to give EVERY shirt pull as a foul. You get dozens of them in every game, but it seems it's only a foul if it results in a goal.

It’s a good point - I’ve seen teams foul and then go on a counter attack looking like they’ll score and think, even if they do this is getting chalked off.

Problem is, hard to stop a free flowing attack if the ref hasn’t spotted and the VAR team maybe have got it wrong - better to check after the outcome (be safe) than sorry (if they got it wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.