Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't understand half the idiots on here either and a lot of the more sensible ones can't be bothered posting as a result. It was one of those games that could have gone either way but some on here seem to think we're playing androids and expect perfection all the time.

The only annoying thing is the refereeing inconsistency. It ruins the game overall and in matches like this it makes the difference. If the lightest of shirt pulls is a foul then it's a foul, fair enough. But what's the point of "letting the game flow" for a minor misdemeanour if it's just going to be pulled back later if a goal comes at the end of the passage of play? You might as well blow for the foul in the first place, and if that means 100 free kicks every match then so be it. As it stands at the moment, it's a farce. VAR takes over the refereeing decisions and it's making a mockery of the whole thing.

I don’t think you have much perspective. And name-calling is not appreciated.

We were robbed , it happens every time at Anfield the officials cannot handle the Anfield crowd , no coincidence that we battered them 4-1 with no crowd present , because the officials were not under pressure to favour the Dippers.
Not having the agenda about our team bottling Anfield , its a tough away game against a team of some decent players and we usually domnate possession that is not a sign of bottling the game.
The only bottlers are the PGMOL and their employees

Just back. Everything has been said already about the game. Personally the whole set up just look wrong to me. And there are few things worse than losing at Anfield - despite the fact the the Scouse muppets were silent for the duration of the game until they scored.

My grumble is about the number of tourists in the away end. I love the fact that we now have tourists (although where were they at York away?). Much prefer them to come and support City - BUT...a load of mates just missed out on points for this game, yet I was surrounded by tourists. Lovely as they are, they don't know the songs, they spend the entire game taking Selfies and love their half and half scarves. Where are these folks getting tickets? I don't get it at all. Of course they need to be part of our amazing club, but not at the expense of so many of our hard core fans.

Other than that...now time for a big drink, a good sleep, and tomorrow, things will look a lot better...

Ake and Akanji, were in the box for the free kick, we should definitely doubled up on salah though, probably with Bernardo as well. Still piss poor defending though, trying to nick the ball as last man, only needed to hold him up a second as we had 3 players running back 10 yards away max.
Shame we didnt have Kyle for this one. He's usually back there for free kicks. Mind you Kev doesnt normally take such a bad free kick. He certainly worked hard but for some reason he just wasn't on his game, neither was Phil and thats why Haaland struggled. Maybe Kev should've have been rested Wednesday.

Last edited:
The problem I have is what's the point of "letting things go" to let the game flow, if the end result from the passage of play is that a goal is scored which is then going to be chalked off? You might as well just instruct the ref to give the foul in the first place. But on top of that, you need to give EVERY shirt pull as a foul. You get dozens of them in every game, but it seems it's only a foul if it results in a goal.
Yep, same with the handball goals that get disallowed - where it accidentally hits an attacker’s hand (and because it’s an accidental handball is rightly not given) but then it magically becomes a handball after the goal is scored. A kind of Schrödinger's handball, if you will. It creates a ridiculous situation where an attacking team is better off not scoring and playing a few more passes to try win a corner or something instead. This is a problem with the rules rather than the referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.