Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only persistent uncertainty and insecurity from the fans on here. Nothing wrong with the team, they've proven it year after year.

More than a few overthought occasions, and the team has come up short in more than a few do or die. Does that mean they’re not great? No. But I don’t know how anyone can dispute that.

It’s then gone to a Liverpool player, city player has took it off him, been played forward to Haaland, Alison has spilled it and Phil has scored. How far back do you think we should be going, out of interest?

It didn’t go to a Liverpool player, Bernardo gets it and plays it to KDB.

I kind of get the argument around he was letting similar ones go all game. That’s the only one that VAR was able to look at though and I thought it was a pretty obvious foul. In terms of phase of play, I don’t think it was far enough back in the phase to not consider it.

Had they scored a goal like that and it had been given, I’d have been very annoyed.

So frustrating watching Salah as well, cut inside and run off shoulders yet we still let him drift on to his strongest side and play a high line every game against them/him! Howler from Cancelo no question but why is he the only one there, it’s bad communication at best and dreadful organisation for him to be isolated with Salah.

I haven’t been convinced with Dias of late (not blaming him for today just in general) and for me when Walker is fit he doesn’t get in the team ahead of Ake and Akanji at CB (on current form) we look so shaky at times with him, especially when the pressure comes or we go a goal down it looks like it could be 3-4 in minutes he collapses.

I’m with you, no problem on team selection but the tactics were dreadful, effectively made KDB a linesman and Gundo and Bernie were ‘the wrong way around’ it was very similar to our last poor performance in the charity shield against this lot.

The game was crying out for pace and you just knew out of petulance when they scored nobody else was getting on that pitch, Alvarez and or Grealish should have been on at 0-0 as I said in an earlier post.

Not all doom and gloom from me by any means, more just frustration at having the same conversations regarding Peps tinkering after a big game
Gary Neville once said that Cancelo is either totally unplayable one week, then transparent the next. As soon as that goal of ours was cancelled out, their momentum went up 100 percent. I just knew it wasn’t going to be our day.

Not defending his mistake in the slightest, I get we had an attacking free kick beforehand which like every set piece today was absolutely shit but Akanji or Ake should be covering there for me with their centre back experience, leaving Salah one on one with arguably our worst ‘defensive defender’ was a tactical mistake for me.
Ake and Akanji, were in the box for the free kick, we should definitely doubled up on salah though, probably with Bernardo as well. Still piss poor defending though, trying to nick the ball as last man, only needed to hold him up a second as we had 3 players running back 10 yards away max.

It’s not that mate. It’s that the ‘how far back you go’ needs clarifying. If it’s until you find an offence, that’s fine. The fact that nobody knows is all you need to know really. BTW, I’m far from deluded about stuff that happens to city as opposed to stuff that doesn’t but I will admit I’m confused by the parameters currently in play.
Fella it was part of the set up to the goal end of. It was a tight game and that correct decision spurred them on. Shit happens

We are a great side with great players and a great manager but our downfall is when games become high tempo and control is lost.

I would take it back as far as if it was the other way round you wouldn't be complaining about it.

I often love the comments about deluded rags or scousers. How we laugh at their desperation. Some go on their forums and post their bias on here. And then a game like this happens and surprise surprise some ie you are no better than them.

If you don't want to give a foul for pulling a shirt don't pull on a fucking shirt. Its that straight forward really.
But ghe whole point is you and anyone else knows full well it would be given because of ghe phases of play afterwads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.