Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep and Klopp said that Taylor told them before KO that he was not going to blowing for everything. Fantastic I say and I actually thought he reffed it pretty well overall. The glaring miss in his big plan though was not informing the VAR ref of this as well.

If Taylor had any conviction in his actions, he would have gone over to the screen and told VAR “Yeah, that’s exactly what I saw in real time and I waved it away as it’s within the tolerances of letting things go, as I explicitly told the managers before KO. You’ve not shown me anything I hadn’t already seen and therefore I am going to allow the goal”. Nobody could have argued with this scenario given how he reffed the rest of the game, instead he caved and allowed someone else to re-ref it for him by giving a free kick for an action that in his own eyes didn’t warrant a free-kick at any other time in the game.

That’s making the assumption he did see it fully in the first place though, which I’m not sure he did.

If he saw it and deemed it not a foul and that goal had been against us, then I’d be equally angry at him for not giving a pretty clear foul tbh.

with glass half full, usually when that pile of cunts beat us they go top, today they are still ten points behind us. Let’s face it we will win the league again. They know it, we know it.
Arsenal would like a say in that... I've been far more impressed with them than Chelsea. They and Spurs will peter out as they usually do. I know it was our third(?) game in a week last year when Rodri gut-punched them in the last minute but they absolutely dominated us. I hope our loss today doesn't just give them that extra bit of confidence.

They missed 1, scored 1.

We had the ball in the back of the net before that to make it 1-0 and should have stood.
We just ignoring the Jota free header and 2 Nunez sitters then? Ok

You're right about our goal though, fucking joke

That’s making the assumption he did see it fully in the first place though, which I’m not sure he did.

If he saw it and deemed it not a foul and that goal had been against us, then I’d be equally angry at him for not giving a pretty clear foul tbh.
Well Taylor is stood there waving his hand basically saying “get up you soft twat”. I’m not having he didn’t see it exactly as he was then shown on VAR.

I’ve no issue with it being a foul, if the whole game is reffed the same way. It wasn’t. I am unaware of any rule that states that an action is only a foul, if it leads to a goal. It’s either a foul, or it isn’t and for the rest of the game it wasn’t.

Do you think if that shirt pull is at a corner var step in and give a penalty?

A manager that was begging for the five subs rule last season uses one on 87 minutes. What is his fucking problem with making changes, it happens every game unless we're winning comfortably. Pep's game management in these sort of matches is woeful
Tbh I wouldn’t have a change either today as for a start Mahrez weakens the team and slows us down and with jack you don’t know what your getting . Only way jack cones on is if we give him sone freedom like at Villa ti do damage . Our bench doesn’t really have many match winners .

Well Taylor is stood there waving his hand basically saying “get up you soft twat”. I’m not having he didn’t see it exactly as he was then shown on VAR.

I’ve no issue with it being a foul, if the whole game is reffed the same way. It wasn’t. I am unaware of any rule that states that an action is only a foul, if it leads to a goal. It’s either a foul, or it isn’t and for the rest of the game it wasn’t.

It’s not, I thought he either missed or let quite a few clear fouls go that had they led to a goal, VAR would have asked him to check again.

On our goal, from his angle I’m not sure he would have seen it, it was pretty well hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.