Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think if that shirt pull is at a corner var step in and give a penalty?

It varies, defenders always get away with more than the attacking team.

Not sure that’s relevant though. I go back to if that had been given against us, I’d have been very annoyed. Rodri wins us plenty of fouls in a very similar way to that one and rightly so.

Well Taylor is stood there waving his hand basically saying “get up you soft twat”. I’m not having he didn’t see it exactly as he was then shown on VAR.

I’ve no issue with it being a foul, if the whole game is reffed the same way. It wasn’t. I am unaware of any rule that states that an action is only a foul, if it leads to a goal. It’s either a foul, or it isn’t and for the rest of the game it wasn’t.
So agree here. He was letting fouls go left right and centre all game so how was this any different. There was one incident when City players were going man where I think Foden was pushed two handed in the back out of play, thr result was a Liverpool throw in. I'll accept that all day long if there is consistency but there just wasn't.

It’s not, I thought he either missed or let quite a few clear fouls go that had they led to a goal, VAR would have asked him to check again.

On our goal, from his angle I’m not sure he would have seen it, it was pretty well hidden.
I don’t want to go round in circles on this. I just find it utterly pointless for a referee and VAR to be reffing the game in a completely different manner. The rules are the same for both. Why is Taylor going to the managers before KO and telling them he won’t be blowing for everything if ultimately some other fella is going to have the final say on big decisions?

I think, like many others, that Taylor reffed it well today and it made for a better game, but actually, if the VAR is correct then it means that Taylor has reffed it appallingly because he must have got nearly all decisions wrong.

Let the game flow or ref it to the letter of the law…not half and half.

It’s not, I thought he either missed or let quite a few clear fouls go that had they led to a goal, VAR would have asked him to check again.

On our goal, from his angle I’m not sure he would have seen it, it was pretty well hidden.
He was about 8 metres from it, clear view from the angle he was standing and looking straight at it. He let it go, as he had with virtually every tussle up to that and after. He only blew for cynical fouls.

Same as always, an important
goal is scored against Liverpool and England (the VAR twat) looks for an excuse to not give it.

Fuck it, there’ll be bigger games this season than these cunts. Wish pep wouldn’t wank them off so fucking much though, it knocks me sick.

I don’t want to go round in circles on this. I just find it utterly pointless for a referee and VAR to be reffing the game in a completely different manner. The rules are the same for both. Why is Taylor going to the managers before KO and telling them he won’t be blowing for everything if ultimately some other fella is going to have the final say on big decisions?

I think, like many others, that Taylor reffed it well today and it made for a better game, but actually, if the VAR is correct then it means that Taylor has reffed it appallingly because he must have got nearly all decisions wrong.

I agree with a lot of that tbh. There’s a reason both managers were frustrated with him though, he did let too much go at times. Whether that’s him seeing it fully and allowing it or not, only he’ll know.

Var is shite
Irrespective of result
More talking points now than before var
Btw we did not deserve anything today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.