Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too conservative. Looked like we were worried about them and Pep's selection must put doubts in the players minds because we're concentrating more on their strengths than we are on ours. We looked scared playing on the half turn just incase they nicked it and countered. All felt a little too safe.

Akanji didn't look comfortable in that wide 3 and wasn't able to find that out ball to Cancelo often enough.

Just don't understand why we have changed our way of playing against a severely weakened Liverpool team who have been rocking recently.

He was about 8 metres from it, clear view from the angle he was standing and looking straight at it. He let it go, as he had with virtually every tussle up to that and after. He only blew for cynical fouls.

I’ve watched the replay a few times and I’m not sure with that angle he does see it. If he did though, he should have told VAR and not even gone to the monitor.

It’d still be a poor decision though.

Too conservative. Looked like we were worried about them and Pep's selection must put doubts in the players minds because we're concentrating more on their strengths than we are on ours. We looked scared playing on the half turn just incase they nicked it and countered. All felt a little too safe.

Akanji didn't look comfortable in that wide 3 and wasn't able to find that out ball to Cancelo often enough.

Just don't understand why we have changed our way of playing against a severely weakened Liverpool team who have been rocking recently.

Exactly.

Think todays loss was a due to a few factors.

First one being that we tend to rock up to Anfield with a sense of fear and play within ourselves. This is a collective issue from the manager the players right down to the fans. We always seem more worried to not lose rather than desperate to win.

Second issue the set up did seem abit odd with KDB just lingering on the right side and no proper RW outlet. Plus as mentioned prior him and Gundo either side of Haaland trying to press.

Third issue no matter what formation or tactics you play when you have 11 elite players on the pitch you still should be able to create some goal scoring opportunities and be able to do the basics at the back, which I feel we failed to do. Far too many players with sub par displays.

All the above added together is never going to end with 3pts. Think it’s best to brush this under the carpet and move forward. Luckily for us the tittle won’t be won or lost after todays display at Anfield. We have another 28 games left to play.

Brief objective assessment. A fair result would have been 0-0. It was a foul by Erling. We always seem to bottle it at Anfield. Tactics were more concerned with not losing. No subs when losing with 15 minutes to go.
I detest Liverpool and Klopp. My Chicken Madras post match was crap.

Same as always, an important
goal is scored against Liverpool and England (the VAR twat) looks for an excuse to not give it.

Fuck it, there’ll be bigger games this season than these cunts. Wish pep wouldn’t wank them off so fucking much though, it knocks me sick.
Even if klopp was on the brink after a run of 10 winless games they would probably still win this game. There are some managers that can just sus pep out. Jose mourinio, conte, and definitely klopp. I’d still take our pep over any of them. Sorry everyone I’m still pissed off losing to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.