Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson, 7 - kept us in it for as long as he could, unlucky with the goal

Cancelo, 4 - STOP PLAYING HIM AT RIGHT-BACK
Akanji, 6 - struggled at points but wasn't his fault
Dias, 6 - solid for most of the game but got exposed after Liverpool's subs
Ake, 6 - not a left-back but did as well as he could

Rodri, 7 - the only midfielder who played where he should have done today and it showed
De Bruyne, 5 - played out of position and couldn't really get anything going
Gundogan, 6 - was asked to press from the front for some weird reason, did okay in a new role

Bernardo, 6 - always running around but often to cover space left by our weird shape
Haaland, 7 - was our only threat in the final third (on the occasions he got the ball)
Foden, 5 - pocketed by a 37 y/o for the second time this season, play him on the right

Bernardo 6?

Put the fucking glue down

He saw Fabinho go to ground, whether he saw the shirt pull only he can say.

If he did, then I’d still be critical of him if that had happened at the other end.
I accept your point (and I suppose he can give whatever explanation he wants) but I can say without doubt he saw Fabinho step across Haaland and initiate contact by thrusting his arm into his chest to unbalance him, Haaland responded by trying to hold him off & getting a fistful of shirt, the ref saw this as 6 of one half a dozen of t’other during play, it was seen as fair game. Now if he was shown replays of the shirt tug only, then that passage of play is completely out of context, and also goes against how he refereed the rest of the game

I still reckon we'll win the league, Arsenal will run out of gass with the Europa League coming into play and the fixture congestion but this result stung. Incredibly fucking frustrating. Yet imagine how they felt at this time on the 22nd of May this year? We'll come back from this, we're way too good not to.

We shouldn't have won today - we should have murdered them. I Fuckin HATE the way we play against Liverpool away. It's totally against everything we do against every other team. If we'd have gone for them from the off, we'd have thrashed them. Yes we may have let a goal in early doors, but if we go toe to toe with them we win, easily. You could tell from minute one what was going to happen. This game and chumps league semi's and finals really are Pep's Achilles heal.
Think you’re selling them short - they were set up well today. Fucking dull football, but they did their homework and were up for it - as well as having quality players. Look at the way van Diyk kept his eye on the space Haaland usually finds in the box. That isn’t an accident. For me it’s more about how they made us play. Reminded me of the athletico game at ours when they flogged themselves to get back into shape and behind the ball.

I accept your point (and I suppose he can give whatever explanation he wants) but I can say without doubt he saw Fabinho step across Haaland and initiate contact by thrusting his arm into his chest to unbalance him, Haaland responded by trying to hold him off & getting a fistful of shirt, the ref saw this as 6 of one half a dozen of t’other during play, it was seen as fair game. Now if he was shown replays of the shirt tug only, then that passage of play is completely out of context, and also goes against how he refereed the rest of the game

Right, but I thought he let a fair few go he shouldn’t have with the rest of the game too. I just go back to flip that around and if it was against us, I’d be shouting for a foul. Rodri’s superb for us at doing what Fabinho did there and winning the foul - the one thing I would add to your summary is Haaland did slightly lose control which allowed Fabinho to get between him and the ball.

Why did we leave Salah on his own with Cancelo at a set piece? We had a warning earlier in the game.
Against top teams you get punished for basic tactical errors and I stick by what I have said before that we wont win the CL under Pep for this reason.

Too many bottled it, Bernard has the heart of a lion though.

Not being mard, just my assessment.

Still a great side and we will win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.