Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting if somebody put together all the shirt pulls in the match that went unpunished
It’s not the point though.

They would only have been checked if a goal had been scored, like it did with our goal.

MOTD2 have said it was confirmed to them that the goal would have been ruled out for Haaland’s challenge on their keeper anyway.

Right, but I thought he let a fair few go he shouldn’t have with the rest of the game too. I just go back to flip that around and if it was against us, I’d be shouting for a foul.
And that’s the problem, he’s addressed both teams pre match to instruct them as to how he was gonna ref the game, and the only time he failed to show that consistency is when we scored, I was shouting at the tv for every two handed push that they got away with, just like I would if they’d of scored from a similar situation as our disallowed goal, that’s me wearing my blue tinted specs, I’m a fan, kick every ball. But we normally see inconsistencies like this from game to game and they’ll be highlighted on motd etc, this was in the same game and heavily influenced by var, Taylor bottled it imo because he changed the way he was reffing the game for that 1 incident

It’s not the point though.

They would only have been checked if a goal had been scored, like it did with our goal.

MOTD2 have said it was confirmed to them that the goal would have been ruled out for Haaland’s challenge on their keeper anyway.
He never had control of it.

Even Gary rat face said as much.

They’re both relevant, in that it’s only instances like that where VAR can intervene and like I said, it’s only him that can say whether he saw it fully and bottled it or didn’t and changed his mind having seen the video.

On the rest of the game, I agree with you. I also said there was good reason both coaches were annoyed with him.
Fair point about VAR intervention, which therefore means he had a shocker and his philosophy for the day of let it go is at odds with how PGMOL or whatever they’re called feel matches should be reffed. Not a good look for our supposed top ref making up reffing policy on the hoof.

The benefits of Jack are twofold. You get his ball retention and progression, as well as Foden on his better RHS. Not sure at all why he was left off, he’s clearly one of our better players at the moment.
I think pep could be a bit braver at times. Gundy was not at it today. Maybe move Kev more central & put Phil & Jack out-wide & let them run at them specially Milner who got off easy today. I’m sure my plan can be pulled apart but I just felt they were for the taking & we didn’t change anything

I don’t think you have much perspective. And name-calling is not appreciated.
Not really interested what you think, and I didn't call anybody any names. I'll call people who act dumb and think Pep should go "idiots" all days long if that's how they want to act, and I don't have a problem with it. Reading some of the comments is embarrassing, sometimes I have to wonder if they're talking about some team at the bottom of the conference with the comments that come out.

Fair point about VAR intervention, which therefore means he had a shocker and his philosophy for the day of let it go is at odds with how PGMOL or whatever they’re called feel matches should be reffed. Not a good look for our supposed top ref making up reffing policy on the hoof.

I agree :) The other danger with it is when refs are inconsistent in their application, it doesn’t always just impact that game. Anyone saying he had a good game, I’d disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.