Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got what we deserved, fuck all.

All on Pep, far too passive in the first half and Bernie wasted out wide.

De Bruyne and Cancelo were absolutely shocking, both in terms of positional play and quality on the ball.

That Liverpool team was an embarrassment and they beat us because both Pep and the players thought they were playing the occasion rather than the game.

Only Phil and Eddie comes out of that game with any credit.

What's Pep fucking waiting for, Alvarez with two to go?

He treats them with far too much respect.
Loads of respect for you Tolm. One of the few posters that’s talks a lot of sense and an obvious true blue, but a bit of perspective. We WILL win the league and hopefully more and that’s not me being arrogant. I reckon Pep recognises that over the occasion. Of course he’d love to win this fixture, wouldn’t we all, but it’s not the be all and end all. This will be a distant memory next week (maybe with the exception of those that went). DeBruyne and Cancelo were not at it, so we’re a few more, but these lads will win us championships, or so I tell me 10 yr old lad.
Class side, bad day at the office (to a weird breed) but no doubt in my mind that Kev, Portuguese Joe and the rest of team will be lifting metal in May and possibly sooner.
Remember rainy nights away at Lincoln. We’re blessed with this lot whilst them weird cunts over the road and up the 62 chase 4th and 5th dreaming they were us.

More I watch that ‘foul’ more I agree with Micah they had to find an angle to disallow it. Taylor’s angle it doesn’t look a foul, only slowed down from one angle did it suit the agenda. There are four subsequent passes I think and Alisson spills ball. May as well not have a ref on pitch and do it all remote with drone cameras.
Exactly, that's my problem with it. What's the point of letting the ref let the game flow and as such, letting a "foul" go, if it's going to be pulled back later by VAR?

If they're going to decide what's right and proper, you might as well have a video panel analyse the entire 90 minutes to check when a foul is a foul, a corner is a corner and so on.

Missing the point.

May or maybe not a foul, doesn't matter as the Ref saw it and allowed play to go on.
This incident happens all the time all over the pitch and is never pulled up.

We broke and shot, keeper saved but spilled and we scored from the outcome.

How fucking far do you want to go back to look for reason to disallow a goal.

It's selective refereeing which is fucking nonsense!
It was a foul on Fabinho and it’s just been confirmed on MOTD2 that it would have been ruled out for the challenge on Alisson too.

Just realised I forgot how if feels to lose ! Lol

Let’s hope the boys re focus & start smashing teams again starting next Saturday

Really surprised jack wasn’t used today. Target Milner & create the usual Jack havoc was badly needed. After His last few games he deserved to play today.
The benefits of Jack are twofold. You get his ball retention and progression, as well as Foden on his better RHS. Not sure at all why he was left off, he’s clearly one of our better players at the moment.

Still don't understand when we we're on the break down the left the twat stops the game to book klopp,could have waited then booked him.

have calmed down a bit and realised thats only their second win in 5 seasons against us in the league
Yeah. Still a tad annoying though given how shit they have been this season.

Why did we leave Salah on his own with Cancelo at a set piece? We had a warning earlier in the game.
Against top teams you get punished for basic tactical errors and I stick by what I have said before that we wont win the CL under Pep for this reason.

Too many bottled it, Bernard has the heart of a lion though.

Not being mard, just my assessment.

Still a great side and we will win the league.
I’m not sure who authorised that. It was absolute madness. I wouldn’t leave cancelo against Bony on his own never mind Salah! Pep should have had his eye on that.

It didn’t go to a Liverpool player, Bernardo gets it and plays it to KDB.

I kind of get the argument around he was letting similar ones go all game. That’s the only one that VAR was able to look at though and I thought it was a pretty obvious foul. In terms of phase of play, I don’t think it was far enough back in the phase to not consider it.

Had they scored a goal like that and it had been given, I’d have been very annoyed.
I don't think it could be described as "pretty obvious". Sky had to look at it in slo-mo from half a dozen angles to find one that actually showed the shirt pull, and if the ref can't spot it in real time then it can't be a "clear and obvious error", in which case VAR shouldn't be involved.

I don't think even Liverpool were protesting it, they thought the foul was the clash with Allison. That one was probably 50-50 so would have been given in favour of the keeper anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.