Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a foul on Fabinho and it’s just been confirmed on MOTD2 that it would have been ruled out for the challenge on Alisson too.
So how would that have worked if Taylor had overruled VAR and said the goal should stand. Would VAR then ask him to look at the challenge on Alison? Seems pretty unlikely

And that’s the problem, he’s addressed both teams pre match to instruct them as to how he was gonna ref the game, and the only time he failed to show that consistency is when we scored, I was shouting at the tv for every two handed push that they got away with, just like I would if they’d of scored from a similar situation as our disallowed goal, that’s me wearing my blue tinted specs, I’m a fan, kick every ball. But we normally see inconsistencies like this from game to game and they’ll be highlighted on motd etc, this was in the same game and heavily influenced by var, Taylor bottled it imo because he changed the way he was reffing the game for that 1 incident

And if he did do that, he deserves criticism and I’ve said a few times I thought he had a shit game.

It’s not the point though.

They would only have been checked if a goal had been scored, like it did with our goal.

MOTD2 have said it was confirmed to them that the goal would have been ruled out for Haaland’s challenge on their keeper anyway.
Didn’t var check that first though? (After complaints from Liverpool players) No need to move onto the shirt pull if that was the case, sure somebody said that was dismissed at the time too, seems like they’re trying to double up on their reasoning & go with what now seems like the safer narrative after being called out by Pep

Yep, same with the handball goals that get disallowed - where it accidentally hits an attacker’s hand (and because it’s an accidental handball is rightly not given) but then it magically becomes a handball after the goal is scored. A kind of Schrödinger's handball, if you will. It creates a ridiculous situation where an attacking team is better off not scoring and playing a few more passes to try win a corner or something instead. This is a problem with the rules rather than the referees.
Absolutely it's a problem with the rules, but refs need to scrap the idea of letting the game flow and just call a foul a foul, if the result is only going to end up with VAR suggesting he overturns his original decision. I agree what was said post-match in the studio, as it stands they're re-refereeing the game.

He never had control of it.

Even Gary rat face said as much.
That’s your opinion and you are welcome to it. All it will do is cause you more pain and heartache.

The goal was disallowed for 2 infringements. There’s not much we can do that move on or moan.

Didn’t var check that first though? (After complaints from Liverpool players) No need to move onto the shirt pull if that was the case, sure somebody said that was dismissed at the time too, seems like they’re trying to double up on their reasoning & go with what now seems like the safer narrative after being called out by Pep
Agreed.

There was no foul on the keeper anyway, he was entitled to go for what was a 50-50 ball.

No.

Pep and Klopp said that Taylor told them before KO that he was not going to blowing for everything. Fantastic I say and I actually thought he reffed it pretty well overall. The glaring miss in his big plan though was not informing the VAR ref of this as well.

If Taylor had any conviction in his actions, he would have gone over to the screen and told VAR “Yeah, that’s exactly what I saw in real time and I waved it away as it’s within the tolerances of letting things go, as I explicitly told the managers before KO. You’ve not shown me anything I hadn’t already seen and therefore I am going to allow the goal”. Nobody could have argued with this scenario given how he reffed the rest of the game, instead he caved and allowed someone else to re-ref it for him by giving a free kick for an action that in his own eyes didn’t warrant a free-kick at any other time in the game.
Absolutely 100% spot on.

That's the whole point for me, is the ref in charge or VAR? We're told the ref has the final say but it doesn't look that way to me. Almost every time they're told to go and check the monitor, the decision gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.